2008 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Love It

2008 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

Love It
By Todd on

2008 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is heaven on wheels. I have put 4,000 miles on the car so far with no problems. Now that I've passed the break in period, the car gets 23 MPG in mixed driving!! The car handles very well and the braking is fantastic. I had a 1997 BMW 528i and this new 528i is so much better in almost every department compared to my old one. I looked at the E60 when it came out in 2004, but I didn't like how they placed window switches and other little things. The 2008 refresh got it right and I love the improvements over the earlier E60s. Great car all around!

I love the hands free calling with Bluetooth. It works like a charm! I really like the iDrive. I like that I can change the programming for almost everything such as, door locks, steering wheel functions, turn signal. I like the six programmable buttons by the radio.

Storage and drink holders need to be improved. The center arm rest storage is a joke. I never use it as it isn't practical. In this day and age iPod and MP3 connection should be a standard item.