Great... but
By Greg on
2008 BMW 5 Series 535xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)
Bought the wagon after waiting till 08 model came out. All good things in it but the seats are not as comfortable as the, for example, old 525 of 2001 (I had one). Seems that seats are now smaller(?). Lines are beautiful, got it in Titanium silver and black interior. really nioce. Got the navigation system. I still have to decide whether I like it or not (it is a bit distracting). Should have a "beep" something to alert about animals, etc. Don't think I would order it again. The iDrive is OK, but quite frankly if it didn't have it, things would be easier. Do not like the run flat tires. MPG is disappointing (highway is a challenge to stay at 24 MPG).
Favorite Features
Lines. The ability to take my dog in the back. Sound of engine. Acceleration (although it has a slight hesitation/turbo lag). The fact that its a BMW.
Suggested Improvements
It's overpriced. MPG needs to be improved. City driving is 17 with the wagon and I get 16.5 with my BMW 4.8 X5?! Improvement is needed. Ride is good, had problems with the tire balance. Overall, nice but it seems the older models were better except, of course, for the wonderful new engine.