2008 BMW 5 Series 3.0L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Great Off Lease Purchase

2008 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

2008 BMW 5 Series 535xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Great Off Lease Purchase
By hman on

2008 BMW 5 Series 535xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Shopped for 2 months on numerous online sites and through local dealers to find exactly the configuration and price I was looking for. This car was $61,500 new 3 years ago, and I purchased for $36,000 with 35K on the odometer, about the same as I paid for my last car - which was a new Avalon Limited. The Avalon was pretty high tech and comfortable, but this car is an incredibly better value for many reasons. It is about as fun to drive as any car under $100,000 could be. The integrated IPod connection through the I-Drive combined with the Logic 7 sound system (highly recommended!) is superb. Premium (only) gas mileage has been about 17.5 in town and 26.5 highway.

Favorite Features

Logic 7 sound, extreme acceleration off the line and in passing situations on 2 lane roads, myriad of front seat adjustments in the sport model

Suggested Improvements

Battery drain issues that others have also commented on. Mine died in my driveway with no clear explanation but possibly from IPod. The computer system should be able to detect this.