2008 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Best I Ever Had

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Review

Best I Ever Had
By dben99 on

2008 BMW 5 Series 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My lease was close to up for the Lexus GS 300, and I decided to narrow it down to the newer GS 350, MB E350, or the 535i. I tried the E550, and it was ok. Nice inside appointments, but not a thrill to drive. I then tried the 535i, and that was it. The car is a rocket as others say. I was doing a modest 80 mph on the highway, and stepped about 1/2 way down on the gas, hit 3,500 RPM, and just took off. Dangerously fast. The 300 ft/lb of torque are in a wide range of RPMs, allowing the car to jump at lower ranges (1,500-5,500 RPM). Handling is insanely tight. Little to no play in the steering. Bluetooth connection through the radio is tops. Very fun to drive, and highly recommended.

300hp twin turbo, seat comfort, iDrive (yes, when you get used to it, it is a great device), handling, Bluetooth link is fantastic.

Flimsy cup holders is a drag, and location is awkward. Feels like you are reaching across the car for your coffee cup. They swing out by the AC vents, which makes sense for cold drinks as it does hit the cup, but not much good for hot coffee.