2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
The "Ultimate Driving Machine"I know why
By rclimbing on 10/09/08 06:41 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I now know why the BMW is now called the "Ultimate Driving Machine". The 535i is the best car I have ever driven. It has a solid feel and the handling is amazing. It sticks like glue while corning. I test drove a bunch of cars - Infiniti, Lexus, and Acura. None of these cars drive like the 5 series. I went with the 5 series despite the fact it costs more, but it's worth every penny!

Finally back in a BMW
By jeffmatt on 10/06/08 12:04 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I do not know why I ever left BMW. Maybe is was that the grass looked greener at MB. A Benz is probably the best car to ride in, but the BMW is the best car to drive. And I like to drive. I am coming out of an 07 E350 and just bought a 08 528i. What a difference. The 528 is so fun to drive, that I cannot wipe the smile off of my face. It just handles so well and there is plenty of power in the 528. You really do not need the 535. It definitely reminds me of my 2000 528 which I liked very much. Purchased car with premium & sport packages, navigation, auto, iPod and xenons. Great package. The E350 was like driving a sofa down the freeway. The 528 is like a sports car, it is on rails.

Always in the service bay
By cunn5 on 09/27/08 14:21 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned two 550i's in a year and a half. The reason for two is that the first one was in service for massive computer troubles 14 times in a 12 month period. The dealership swapped me out of the trouble maker and now in only four months and 4000 miles I am in service overheating and all the windows and sunroof seem to open by themselves. Please avoid this model

Great Ride
By My Beamer on 09/25/08 09:57 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchase my BMW 528i Labor Day weekend. I love it because it really handles like a luxury vehicle. Cup holders are a little awkward but I overlooked that problem with other likable features about the vehicle. The vehicle has very good pick up and seating is comfortable although I recommend that BMW have plusher leather.

It is awesome
By azbmw on 09/06/08 18:11 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned this car for only two weeks. It doesn't disappoint. I can sports car and still have room for others. There is a reason they call it the ultimate driving machine. No other vehicle has the same driving experience. I test drove Audis, Porsches, Mercedes-Benz. I still came back to BMW. I own a 2000 328Ci. This car is just as fun to drive.

Fun to drive
By Telloborja on 09/01/08 20:31 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After 6 months I have enjoyed this machine plentifully, it drives fun. The most impressive to me is the powerful motor and small details on how it handles the curves.

BMW enuff said! go test drive it yourself
By Ssibs on 09/01/08 20:31 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW and I have been fan of Japanese cars. My favorites were Lexus and Acura. I needed a new car to replace old Lexus that I had. 528i was the first one that i test drove. Honestly, I did not know what was so great about it other than handling. It drove nice but I felt like it didn't justify the price tag. After leaving BMW, I test drove Acura and Lexus and then Thats when I noticed the difference! All the interiors looked nice and all but it just didn't feel right when driving the Japanese. BMW hugs the road in cornering and drives uphill smoothly and effortlessly. I went straight to BMW!

Just love it!
By Sufi on 08/31/08 03:52 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Finally took the plunge and bought 528xi with Premium Pack (comfort access, xenon, usb audio integration, etc.). I must say I absolutely love it. Also test drove the GS350 AWD, and it gave good competition to the 528xi but in the end, just the sheer driving pleasure swayed me towards the 528xi. Features for features, the GS350 had more toys, but it doesn't come close to the performance and the drive that 528xi offers. No lack of power. Just awesome!

Great Performance, Great Value.
By So Cal D. on 08/29/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Took ED and drove 600 miles across So. Germany in 3 days. Ably handled everything from tight country roads, windy descents to 100+ mph cruising & stop n go on the Autobahn. Averaged 26+ mpg. Coming from Acura TL, never thought I'd say "Good value" about a BMW, but the performance, ride, sound and handling are so amazingly solid while seating 4, it's difficult to imagine why you'd spend so much more for a little impractical Porsche (compare 0-60), or unpredictable Maserati GT. Great touring, great speedster and terrific looking. Easily translates from mellow to "let's go!" especially at the touch of the "Sport" button. Higher revs, immediate response.

A Superb Vechicle
By gordon on 08/28/08 12:57 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After one month of ownership and 2,000 miles, this is clearly a superior automobile. All of my expectation have either been met or exceeded. IDrive is not the most user friendly, but also not difficult to master.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan in NJ is:

$231 per month*