2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
08 535
By Drew on 08/19/07 09:37 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

What a blast to drive, a real rocket ship, steering has a little much feedback, but the car is all about the driver. I have had an E Class and this blows it away. The gadgetry is a hoot once you master the iDrive, cruise settings at 1 or 5 MPH is cool and the 3 blink turning blinker was smart also. Sirius radio is a must, and when you get your stations preset... enjoy the ride!

I FLY 535i
By Gurman on 08/09/07 12:19 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Our 2008 535i is a rocket ship! The new twin turbo I-6 cranks out 300 hp and 300 lb ft of torque. Matched to a 6 speed sport automatic with paddle shifters, this car hauls! The design is appealingly unique and avoids the cookie cutter quad headlights and triangular taillamps of the Mercedes lineup. The interior is an ode to minimalism but with practical secondary HVAC and stereo controls to compliment the iDrive package. This car provides tremendous performance, the utility of a 5 seater, aggressive style, top notch build quality and solid value. We Came, We Saw, We Bought.

My 4th 5 series but this one's the best
By michael on 06/10/07 06:55 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned a new 5 series every year, 2005-2008, but this one tops them all. The powerful engine "makes" the car. The new interior design, along with programmable satellite and FM radio stations is a plus. Addition of wood along the door makes it luxurious. The electronic transmission takes some getting used to, but no problem. You've got to get premium sound with HD radio option and Sirius radio if you are an audiophile and love crisp, clear, outstanding separation of sound. I don't like the standard wheels, but one can live with them instead of spending 4000 dollars on upgraded wheels and tires. The addition of leather around the console is also a nice touch.

Huge Upgrade
By Seattle Boat-R on 05/23/07 08:11 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Traded in my '02 325 - wow!!! What a difference! Even though this is a larger car it handles superbly. Tight steering, good acceleration, smooth braking. Quality, fit and finish are all outstanding with top grade materials. The iDrive has a steep learning curve but very useful once you have it mastered.

The best of both worlds
By cT on 05/18/07 02:04 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Previous owner of '03 525i. The new model gives you the best of both worlds. Luxurious and sporty. Smoothier, quietier, more power, and more elegant.

This car sets the NEW standard
By Johnny C on 05/16/07 19:29 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car handles very precisely. Engine feels like a V-8 even though it is a V6 turbo. It is scary-fast... if you are not a good driver you can get in trouble with this much speed. the interior is very comfortable -- the Premium Package seats are highly adjustable and best I have ever sat in. I previously had a 2000 528i and a 2002 X5. BMWs build quality and design is just so much better than even a few years ago. For the money, this is the best sports sedan period. Better than Lexus, Infiniti and even Mercedes that costs $10,000 more. The iDrive is a little tough to use, but if you are technologically proficient, it'll only take you a day or two to figure out.

Back to BMW
By scoot ll on 05/15/07 06:25 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After owning several Mercedes over the past 10 years I am happy to have owned my last one and am back into a new bimmer. We tried the new 3 cars but coming from the E class, the 5 car is a perfect fit. We drove the 528 and were pleased with the power but figured to go ahead and get the new rocket. Fuel economy is 22 mpg combined on the first 2 tanks which is just a tick lower than the E-320 @22-23 . The ride and drive is superb and the interior comfort and luxury is on par with the Benz except for the vinyl sun visors and the interior headliner is not as tailored .The power is smooth and instant and the iPod connect to the iDrive is way cool. Premium sound N.A., but standard is great/sat radio.

535i review
By 535i on 05/06/07 20:25 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Traded in my 04 545i for the new 535i. Wow! I can't say enough about how much they have improved this model. It is faster, quieter, smoother, and handles better than my 545, for less money! BMW has also made subtle changes to the interior that make the car feel more luxurious (more wood and leather in the right places). I would highly recommend this car.

535i
By Rob on 04/22/07 21:16 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Traded in my 2004 Mercedes E500 for a 2008 535i. I couldn't be happier. Handling is superb for a sedan of this size. Performance is great. There is literally no turbo lag.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.