2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Best all around
By wdt on 12/23/07 11:30 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Had a 911, have 3 kids, needed something comfortable for the family. Looked at the 550i sport and thought I'd get too many tickets. The 535i sport is just a little more "real world", but still handles like a proper sport sedan. The xi models understeer more than I'd like, and the sport package on the i model is a true bmw sport package (suspension). The twin turbo motor gives you v8 torque and horsepower, I suspect that the ratings of 300 each is understated. Saving 10 grand over the 550 sport was worth it.

One Awesome Automobile
By Tom on 12/05/07 20:21 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

First BMW I've owned and I'm hooked. Tested the Infiniti M35 and Acura RL and the 535i blows them away. The car is rock solid, fast, and handles like a sports car. The interior is comfortable and quiet and the ride is perfect. The twin turbo inline 6 is a phenominal engine. Very smooth and plenty of power when you want it while providing better than expected milage (I'm averaging 20-22 mpg city and 28- 30 mpg highway). Simply the best car I've ever owned. You just want to keep taking it out for a drive.

The Perfect Middle Aged Car?
By 1Cannuck on 12/05/07 10:46 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Had the 08 535i for over a month. Took me an hour to configure the iDrive. Other than the climate module, it is actually real easy to use. The car is solid, quite luxurious and now actually looks great. I am driving this like a 50 yr old because I am babying this car and also the higher level of luxury and insulation from the raw elements. By comparison, I am Mr. Hyde behind my M Coupe. The couple of occassion when I had to make more energetic manoeuvre, the car was very stable and responsive. Mind you, I swapped out the OEM tire with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S which in my opinion, the best (Z rated tire with a 400 treadwear and can be driven all year round in Toronto).

Absolutely Great
By Kamdog on 11/24/07 19:47 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Gobs of power. At 125 mph on the Autobahn, it was still strong and wanted to run. Power NOW at any speed from 10 mph on up. Smooth riding, quiet, comfort seats are great. I found iDrive very easy and better than a hundred buttons on the dash. I like the traffic information and think the navigation works very well. The headlights work great, corners light up great at night. The brakes are terrific too.

Best I Ever Had
By dben99 on 10/25/07 08:52 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My lease was close to up for the Lexus GS 300, and I decided to narrow it down to the newer GS 350, MB E350, or the 535i. I tried the E550, and it was ok. Nice inside appointments, but not a thrill to drive. I then tried the 535i, and that was it. The car is a rocket as others say. I was doing a modest 80 mph on the highway, and stepped about 1/2 way down on the gas, hit 3,500 RPM, and just took off. Dangerously fast. The 300 ft/lb of torque are in a wide range of RPMs, allowing the car to jump at lower ranges (1,500-5,500 RPM). Handling is insanely tight. Little to no play in the steering. Bluetooth connection through the radio is tops. Very fun to drive, and highly recommended.

Fun Car To Drive
By Dave on 10/07/07 13:41 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My wife and I looked at the 335, 528 and the 535i. For the price, the 535i was the best buy. Comfort is extremely good; performance is amazing for a car this size. Fun to drive – it is a blast. At 70, when floored, it will pin you back in the seat. It wants to cruise at 100 mph. I traded in a Honda S2000 and it was fun to drive, but this BMW is almost as much fun to drive and it is much more comfortable. Everyone wants to take a ride and drive it. Even my kids think it is great, but they want the 335i.

Wunderbar!
By Ed on 09/29/07 12:16 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

535i Sapphire Black/Black with Sport & Premium. Simply awesome. Very well built, comfortable, fun to drive, quiet inside and bloody fast. Test drove an A6 3.2 Quattro and an E350 Sport. The Audi was really nice but felt a little underpowered (after driving the 535i). The E350 is a great passenger's car, not that great a driver's car.

Awesome Vehicle
By AZbeemer on 09/27/07 20:19 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my second 5 series. The power of the 535i is awesome. I love the ride and enjoy how it handles. I am a guy that likes to know the power is there if I need/want it. I am completely amazed at the quality of this car.

Better than Advertised
By tonyc67 on 09/09/07 16:33 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Test drove A6, GS 350, E550 and there is no comparision with this car. Had it a week and drove from SF to Santa Barbara and wanted to continue driving, it is so comfortable and fun to drive. Sport, premium, Logic 7, Sirius, Sport Shifters.

2008 535i: BMW Does it Again
By Mark Rexroat on 09/07/07 20:41 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After owning various BMWs for 10 years now, there is nothing like them. And the new 535i does not disappoint. No need to buy the 550i. This car is absolutely perfect in every way.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.