2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Read My Review
By Bizm on 04/23/08 11:58 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My friend said it great "BMW drives as if it's on rails, other cars just swim all over the place". This is so true. I test drove Benz CLS550, E350, Infiniti M35, Lexus GS350. No car can compare to the overall performance of BMW 5 series. On a turn that I took with Lexus GS350 while it was squicking and felt as if it was about to skid, BMW didn't even lean. Amazing car. If you want a couch on wheels buy a Lexus. If you want comfort and at the same time an "Ultimate Driving Machine" go with BMW 5 series. Don't waste money on Logic7 sound . We compared standard sound system to Logic7. There was very little difference in sound. Don't waste money there.

Love It
By Todd on 02/23/08 07:37 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is heaven on wheels. I have put 4,000 miles on the car so far with no problems. Now that I've passed the break in period, the car gets 23 MPG in mixed driving!! The car handles very well and the braking is fantastic. I had a 1997 BMW 528i and this new 528i is so much better in almost every department compared to my old one. I looked at the E60 when it came out in 2004, but I didn't like how they placed window switches and other little things. The 2008 refresh got it right and I love the improvements over the earlier E60s. Great car all around!

Great Luxury Car
By fm on 12/19/07 11:52 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We had a 2006 325i which we traded for the 528i. The 3 series is a fun car to drive but the 5 series is truly a luxury automobile. The ride, comfort, workmanship & engineering is outstanding. My wife & I were somewhat apprehensive about the iDrive, but we both actually like it & it is not that difficult to use. This is our second BMW & would recommend the BMW brand to anyone looking for luxury.

Fantastic!
By 528 fan on 12/08/07 17:34 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car. I purposely don't listen to the radio just to hear the sweet sound of the inline 6. Comfortable, fast, safe.

Dream Car for People Who Like to Drive!
By New BMW Fan on 11/25/07 18:16 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is one awesome car. Some of the other reviews say "fun to drive"; what an understatement! Even the 528 is fast, agile and responsive. The controls are in just the right place. This car fits like a glove. The seats are the best I have ever encountered in an automobile. I had read reviews stating the iDrive was too complicated prior to my purchase and was very concerned. Forget about it. The iDrive takes no appreciable time to get comfortable with and then you wonder why everyone doesn't use it. The sound and climate systems are terrific!

World's best car
By JPH on 09/25/07 09:15 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 2003 525i and thought it was a nearly ideal vehicle. This car, however, is almost perfect. It is roomy for long trips and hauling children as well as for looking really "cool" on the road. Low maintenance costs. The iDrive is very simple to learn, even for those who aren't very technological. Other brands can't compare to BMW!

Fantastic
By ajm2727 on 08/08/07 09:08 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Car is a dream. The ride is like that of any luxury sedan, yet the car feels tight and responsive instead of much like others. Power, even in my 528 is good, and the engine is seamless. Seats are comfortable and every button is where is should be - even iDrive, which is not the problem it is rumored to be. I have no problems using it at all and 10 minutes of instruction from my salesman was all it took. The car looks great. Sit it next to a Benz E, Lexus ES, Infinity M, or Audi A6, and it beauty prize goes to the BMW. It is the best of the bunch. Wonderful car!!

A dream come to true!
By anewtry on 07/19/07 00:23 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

A definite dream to own and drive! I fell in love with the car at first sight, needless to say that was the first time that had happend. A definite must for anyone who requires a sedan but wants the ride and feel of a sports car.

New to the BMW family
By Joy on 05/20/07 21:05 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My husband and I own a Lexus and a BMW. They both drive very good, but I look so forward to driving my BMW. This is my first BMW, I really can't say enough about it. The car really holds the road, and it is extremely comfortable. The interior space is very good, in both the front and the rear. The sleek look and design provides for outstanding apperance and the ultimate driving experience. It drives like a dream on the highway and on bumpy roads. While the car is supposed to be for me, I can't keep my husband out of it! I have only had it for 4 days, but I would highly recommend it!!

'08 528i
By sut on 05/14/07 13:36 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

For $48k it should come with a bigger engine. It'll go when pushed but it lags at first. Car handles like it were glued to the road while providing a level of comfort you would expect in a luxury car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.