2008 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: 2008 BMW 535i Sport

2008 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

2008 BMW 535i Sport
By BillPort on

2008 BMW 5 Series 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The 535 with the Sport Package is truly a 4-door sports car. Seating adjustments abound and you can program different profiles on the different keys. Handling is superb and 4 wheel drifts are doable with the "Anti-s" disabled. I averaged 20.7 MPG combined city/hwy. Sport mode and paddle shifters are a hoot. If it weren't for repair issues, I would love this car. Hi-pressure fuel valve went out 2x in 3 months. Unacceptable for car in this price range. Cheap materials in sunshades (no extender), cupholders are crap. Reverse light burned out at 33K miles. Turbo lag is noticeable at take off and throttle is 'twitchy' at take off. I want more time driving, not in shop, even w/warranty.

Favorite Features

Road handling is excellent. No drift or mushy feel. Seat adjustments, sport mode, Steptronic with paddle shifters all make for great ride. Ability to disable anti-skid/spin features. Bluetooth - when it works.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the hi-pressure fuel pump problem! Improve take off throttle response. Cup holders. I-drive is okay, but not intuitive. Voice command not always responsive.