2008 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Great auto
By Professor on 08/29/09 23:32 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th BMW in the past 15 years and by far the best. The smooth engine/transmission cannot be beat. Local mpg is about 25 and highway is always 31-32 mpg at speed limit plus. The seats are comfortable even after 15 hour interstate runs. It has operated perfectly in all ways with the only trips to the dealer for oil and regular service. I did not originally like the body design but the driving balance and smooth functioning of the car have won me over. i-drive works easily if you spend 10 minutes to learn it rather than fearing and griping about it.

Great Car
By Snuggles on 08/24/09 08:18 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is an awesome family car that mixes in fun. Every time I drive it, I feel special, even after a year and a half. The 528i has plenty of power. The 535i + have more than plenty of power. Corners delightfully. Rides well over bad pavement. The vinyl looks like real leather.

2008 BMW 528i
By drao on 05/25/09 21:01 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car as a commuting vehicle. It is a joy to drive on a day to day basis, very quiet to exterior sounds, quick, refined and luxurious. Previously I was driving a 2007 Mercedes C230 in which I had some recurring issues -- not so with the 528i -- absolutely awesome car!! This was the perfect choice for me and my (small) family. We do some trips once in a while and this car is perfect for our needs. If I had a couple more kids then I'd have opted for a minivan or SUV for sure with the additional space.

Love To Drive This Car
By Rhm4BMW on 10/19/08 17:15 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second BMW, had a 325I which was really a great drives car. The 528I is a little more refine to drive, but step on the gas and this baby gives no pause. Had mine at 141 mph. Straight as an arrow, never scared. Do Not Try This. I can only imagine the 535, 550, M3 or M5. BMW is the best.

Finally back in a BMW
By jeffmatt on 10/06/08 12:04 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I do not know why I ever left BMW. Maybe is was that the grass looked greener at MB. A Benz is probably the best car to ride in, but the BMW is the best car to drive. And I like to drive. I am coming out of an 07 E350 and just bought a 08 528i. What a difference. The 528 is so fun to drive, that I cannot wipe the smile off of my face. It just handles so well and there is plenty of power in the 528. You really do not need the 535. It definitely reminds me of my 2000 528 which I liked very much. Purchased car with premium & sport packages, navigation, auto, iPod and xenons. Great package. The E350 was like driving a sofa down the freeway. The 528 is like a sports car, it is on rails.

Great Ride
By My Beamer on 09/25/08 09:57 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchase my BMW 528i Labor Day weekend. I love it because it really handles like a luxury vehicle. Cup holders are a little awkward but I overlooked that problem with other likable features about the vehicle. The vehicle has very good pick up and seating is comfortable although I recommend that BMW have plusher leather.

BMW enuff said! go test drive it yourself
By Ssibs on 09/01/08 20:31 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW and I have been fan of Japanese cars. My favorites were Lexus and Acura. I needed a new car to replace old Lexus that I had. 528i was the first one that i test drove. Honestly, I did not know what was so great about it other than handling. It drove nice but I felt like it didn't justify the price tag. After leaving BMW, I test drove Acura and Lexus and then Thats when I noticed the difference! All the interiors looked nice and all but it just didn't feel right when driving the Japanese. BMW hugs the road in cornering and drives uphill smoothly and effortlessly. I went straight to BMW!

Better than expected!
By Spechtbach on 08/12/08 09:44 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased the car on European Delivery - lots of fun. Drove 1100 miles in Germany, Austria & Italy. You don't need many expensive options. Only Xenons & fold down rear seat. Leather without premium package also nice. Std seats are fantastic. Forget the sports package in 528. Better in 3 series. Very quiet & comfortable. Great cruiser. Large trunk.

BMW Brake Noise
By George on 06/07/08 04:58 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is very nice and fun to drive until you come to stop and hearing all that brake noise. It makes it sound like an old truck. That really takes away from the joy of driving it. The sad aspect is, BMW informed me that it is a natural for the cars to do that. I believe that that is a defect. The passenger cup holder is an obstruction if you have plus size people using the car.

I'm in love with my new BMW
By johninmargate on 05/11/08 11:08 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my new BMW. My wife is a bit jealous but she knows it's just infatuation. My kids love it and I have to admit that I've never really liked cars like I like this one. It's no wonder people like me are so enthused my their driving machines. I look forward to every drive. There's nothing like picking up a friend or family member in a car like this.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 BMW 5 Series in WA is:

$168 per month*