Used 2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 178 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

The "Ultimate Driving Machine"I know why
By rclimbing

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I now know why the BMW is now called the "Ultimate Driving Machine". The 535i is the best car I have ever driven. It has a solid feel and the handling is amazing. It sticks like glue while corning. I test drove a bunch of cars - Infiniti, Lexus, and Acura. None of these cars drive like the 5 series. I went with the 5 series despite the fact it costs more, but it's worth every penny!

Sports package, leather seats, handling, excellent fit and finish, driving experience

Cup holders, need more storage space, better gas mileage, fewer ashtrays

Finally back in a BMW
By jeffmatt

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I do not know why I ever left BMW. Maybe is was that the grass looked greener at MB. A Benz is probably the best car to ride in, but the BMW is the best car to drive. And I like to drive. I am coming out of an 07 E350 and just bought a 08 528i. What a difference. The 528 is so fun to drive, that I cannot wipe the smile off of my face. It just handles so well and there is plenty of power in the 528. You really do not need the 535. It definitely reminds me of my 2000 528 which I liked very much. Purchased car with premium & sport packages, navigation, auto, iPod and xenons. Great package. The E350 was like driving a sofa down the freeway. The 528 is like a sports car, it is on rails.

Handling, styling, new auto shifter, iDrive (and yes iDrive is complicated. If you want a information center to provide a lot of features, then there will be some amount of complication, but it blew me away) and the comfort seats (none better).

none

Always in the service bay
By cunn5

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned two 550i's in a year and a half. The reason for two is that the first one was in service for massive computer troubles 14 times in a 12 month period. The dealership swapped me out of the trouble maker and now in only four months and 4000 miles I am in service overheating and all the windows and sunroof seem to open by themselves. Please avoid this model

Great Ride
By My Beamer

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchase my BMW 528i Labor Day weekend. I love it because it really handles like a luxury vehicle. Cup holders are a little awkward but I overlooked that problem with other likable features about the vehicle. The vehicle has very good pick up and seating is comfortable although I recommend that BMW have plusher leather.

Smooth handling, stylish appearance, roomy, powerful engine, good trunk space, iDrive, heated front rear seats, heated steering wheel, rain-sensing wipers, and poplar wood trim.

Improvement Wish List: A Back-up Camera like other luxury vehicles. Maybe side indicators on the side view mirrors like other luxury vehicles. Bigger navigation screen. More cup holders, a sunglass compartment, and real team weather updates.

It is awesome
By azbmw

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned this car for only two weeks. It doesn't disappoint. I can sports car and still have room for others. There is a reason they call it the ultimate driving machine. No other vehicle has the same driving experience. I test drove Audis, Porsches, Mercedes-Benz. I still came back to BMW. I own a 2000 328Ci. This car is just as fun to drive.

The seats and the engine. The seats feel like you are sitting in someones hand. The car has the right amount of power. I test drove the other models 5 series but they felt under powered.

There is only one. The cup holder on the passenger side is in an awkward position. My passengers hit their knee on it sometimes.