2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
New to the BMW family
By Joy on 05/20/07 21:05 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My husband and I own a Lexus and a BMW. They both drive very good, but I look so forward to driving my BMW. This is my first BMW, I really can't say enough about it. The car really holds the road, and it is extremely comfortable. The interior space is very good, in both the front and the rear. The sleek look and design provides for outstanding apperance and the ultimate driving experience. It drives like a dream on the highway and on bumpy roads. While the car is supposed to be for me, I can't keep my husband out of it! I have only had it for 4 days, but I would highly recommend it!!

The best of both worlds
By cT on 05/18/07 02:04 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Previous owner of '03 525i. The new model gives you the best of both worlds. Luxurious and sporty. Smoothier, quietier, more power, and more elegant.

This car sets the NEW standard
By Johnny C on 05/16/07 19:29 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car handles very precisely. Engine feels like a V-8 even though it is a V6 turbo. It is scary-fast... if you are not a good driver you can get in trouble with this much speed. the interior is very comfortable -- the Premium Package seats are highly adjustable and best I have ever sat in. I previously had a 2000 528i and a 2002 X5. BMWs build quality and design is just so much better than even a few years ago. For the money, this is the best sports sedan period. Better than Lexus, Infiniti and even Mercedes that costs $10,000 more. The iDrive is a little tough to use, but if you are technologically proficient, it'll only take you a day or two to figure out.

Back to BMW
By scoot ll on 05/15/07 06:25 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After owning several Mercedes over the past 10 years I am happy to have owned my last one and am back into a new bimmer. We tried the new 3 cars but coming from the E class, the 5 car is a perfect fit. We drove the 528 and were pleased with the power but figured to go ahead and get the new rocket. Fuel economy is 22 mpg combined on the first 2 tanks which is just a tick lower than the E-320 @22-23 . The ride and drive is superb and the interior comfort and luxury is on par with the Benz except for the vinyl sun visors and the interior headliner is not as tailored .The power is smooth and instant and the iPod connect to the iDrive is way cool. Premium sound N.A., but standard is great/sat radio.

'08 528i
By sut on 05/14/07 13:36 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

For $48k it should come with a bigger engine. It'll go when pushed but it lags at first. Car handles like it were glued to the road while providing a level of comfort you would expect in a luxury car.

535i review
By 535i on 05/06/07 20:25 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Traded in my 04 545i for the new 535i. Wow! I can't say enough about how much they have improved this model. It is faster, quieter, smoother, and handles better than my 545, for less money! BMW has also made subtle changes to the interior that make the car feel more luxurious (more wood and leather in the right places). I would highly recommend this car.

Surprise, it's a 2008
By Debbie on 04/29/07 14:19 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Two months ago I ordered an 07 525xi for a lease replacement for my 2004 325xi. The dealer couldn't find what I wanted, so we placed an order with BMW. Eight weeks later, I went to pick up my new car and the salesman said they had a surprise. When it came off the truck, they said they all stood and stared. It was an 08 528xi! I have only driven it for a few days, but the styling and design is beautiful.

535i
By Rob on 04/22/07 21:16 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Traded in my 2004 Mercedes E500 for a 2008 535i. I couldn't be happier. Handling is superb for a sedan of this size. Performance is great. There is literally no turbo lag.

Perfection
By BMW528i on 04/20/07 08:20 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I upgraded from an '02 525i, which I loved and was afraid to sell, to an '08 528i and the '08 is a totally different animal. It has been perfected inside and out. I love iDrive and I can't understand why every car on the road doesn't have an iDrive system. I love the iPod adapter they offer and it's simple to use. I encourage anyone in this luxury market to drive this car. I can't wait to drive it again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.