16 Months and I'm Still in Love
By SleepTight on
2008 BMW 5 Series 535xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)
The best car I've ever owned! (And I've owned many.) The performance from the twin turbo inline 6 is simply amazing--great fuel economy too. Road feel and drive is great on optional sport wheels with aftermarket Bridgestone Potenzas. X-Drive and BMW handling makes this car a champion in bad weather. Incredibly comfortable on long drives thanks to contour seat package. Real-time traffic routing is a great addition to navigation. Logic 7 turns your car into a rolling concert hall. iPod and Bluetooth interface work flawlessly. Six speed auto is great once it gets warmed up. This is the car I take for long road trips. I'm always sorry when the trip is over because I have to stop driving.
Favorite Features
Engine, transmission, Logic 7, Comfort seats, keyless entry, Real time traffic routing, bluetooth and iPod integration with iDrive. All-weather capability on good aftermarket all season tires. Ventilated seats (special option). The Xenon headlamps at night. And most all, the drive!
Suggested Improvements
Auto unlock when transmission placed in park (duh). Eliminate transmission hesitation when car is cold Provide active roll stabilization and sport auto trans options with x-drive models. Provide more info in head-up display like M series. Better weight distribution, iDrive could be improved.