2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
BMW 535xi
By JeffM on 09/13/07 19:02 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I previously owned a Lexus GS which was a rattle trap. I was originally concerned that the BMW would ride too rough for me since I have some pretty severe back problems. The 535 far exceeds my hopes and expectations. Not only are the comfort seats the most comfortable I've ever owned, but the ride is superb. It is a bit firmer than the Lexus, but the support the seats provide make the BMW a much more comfortable car for me. And this thing is rock solid - no rattles. Plus the fun factor is out of this world.This car is a rocket on rails. My wife always disliked the looks of BMW, but I can't get her out of this car. The iDrive is a piece of cake, nav system is great, and the prem stereo rocks.

The best ever
By Tamer on 09/09/07 17:43 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I was initially interested in the 3-series because of the unparalleled road feeling, but with the new 535 300 HP twin turbo, I got that same feeling but with the luxury of a 5-series. Outstanding performance and sportiness.

Better than Advertised
By tonyc67 on 09/09/07 16:33 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Test drove A6, GS 350, E550 and there is no comparision with this car. Had it a week and drove from SF to Santa Barbara and wanted to continue driving, it is so comfortable and fun to drive. Sport, premium, Logic 7, Sirius, Sport Shifters.

2008 535i: BMW Does it Again
By Mark Rexroat on 09/07/07 20:41 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After owning various BMWs for 10 years now, there is nothing like them. And the new 535i does not disappoint. No need to buy the 550i. This car is absolutely perfect in every way.

4th 5-series, and counting
By abaco mike on 09/03/07 05:28 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned 5-series BMWs for 4 years (a new one every year) and this one is by far the best yet. It accelerates like an 8-cylinder would with same quietness and "kick" one would expect from a V-8. Handling remains outstanding and the interior comfort and fit continue to impress me. The fuel economy is not as good as my 2007 530i, but good enough to warrant a second look considering the power and smoothness. The new interior features make this one the best yet.

The best ever
By Tamer on 08/25/07 11:49 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I was interested in the 5-series but wanted to get the 3-series feeling which I think was lacking in the past 5-series. With the new 2008 twin turbo 300 HP, I am now having the luxury and enjoyment of the 5-series with the road feeling of the 3-series. This in addition to the 4WD that only kicks in when needed.

2008 BMW 535xi
By Newyokie on 08/19/07 19:37 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Had this car for a month now. I test drove M, A6, E350. Now they're all great cars. But you never choose a car by what other people are saying. It's just what you "feel" when you drive. BMW 535xi had an "x" factor which no others had. I'm sure other BMW owners know what I'm talking about. Some dislike the rear end, but I think it was ahead of its time and others are catching on. Some say M is at same level as BMW. Are you kidding me? Maybe 2007 model. Not the bi-turbo 2008. I don't know what the fuss is about iDrive. It was confusing during test drive. But if you know how to use a computer or playstation, you should be smart enough to get it down within a week. Even my wife knows how.

08 535
By Drew on 08/19/07 09:37 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

What a blast to drive, a real rocket ship, steering has a little much feedback, but the car is all about the driver. I have had an E Class and this blows it away. The gadgetry is a hoot once you master the iDrive, cruise settings at 1 or 5 MPH is cool and the 3 blink turning blinker was smart also. Sirius radio is a must, and when you get your stations preset... enjoy the ride!

High performance and All Wheel Drive!
By George B on 08/12/07 09:04 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I went from a 2005 745Li with a V8 to to the 535xi. I was a little worried I would miss the 7. This car has been great! Fast, smooth and fun to drive. The improvements on the iDrive are substantial. The technology is easier and more reliable than the 7. The acceleration is better than 7, also. So I am getting great performace and all-wheel-drive in one. No more snow tire change over like I had to do on the 7 series. My only criticism is the fuel tanik capacity. I used to be able to go forever with the 7 series large tank. This 18 gallon tank means I'm at the pump every few days. If I could change one thing, it would be a larger fuel tank.

I FLY 535i
By Gurman on 08/09/07 12:19 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Our 2008 535i is a rocket ship! The new twin turbo I-6 cranks out 300 hp and 300 lb ft of torque. Matched to a 6 speed sport automatic with paddle shifters, this car hauls! The design is appealingly unique and avoids the cookie cutter quad headlights and triangular taillamps of the Mercedes lineup. The interior is an ode to minimalism but with practical secondary HVAC and stereo controls to compliment the iDrive package. This car provides tremendous performance, the utility of a 5 seater, aggressive style, top notch build quality and solid value. We Came, We Saw, We Bought.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.