2008 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
BMW 528xi
By Steve on 11/23/07 21:04 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 5 Series 528xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is great! A very comfortable ride. I have owned a 3 series, 740i, two X5s and now this. The comfort is great, performance is great and it has good gadgets. The iPod adapter and navigation system are fun and work very well.

Best I Ever Had
By dben99 on 10/25/07 08:52 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My lease was close to up for the Lexus GS 300, and I decided to narrow it down to the newer GS 350, MB E350, or the 535i. I tried the E550, and it was ok. Nice inside appointments, but not a thrill to drive. I then tried the 535i, and that was it. The car is a rocket as others say. I was doing a modest 80 mph on the highway, and stepped about 1/2 way down on the gas, hit 3,500 RPM, and just took off. Dangerously fast. The 300 ft/lb of torque are in a wide range of RPMs, allowing the car to jump at lower ranges (1,500-5,500 RPM). Handling is insanely tight. Little to no play in the steering. Bluetooth connection through the radio is tops. Very fun to drive, and highly recommended.

Best Car for the Money
By TGoldman on 10/20/07 15:07 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series 535xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Having owned 3 Porsches, a CL600 MB, and various other cars I can honestly say this is the best car I've owned. The car is quick and seamlessly fast especially in the sport mode. The electronics are all integrated and I found the much maligned iDrive to be easy to use. The ride is superb and I would easily say it rides as well as the Lexus LS 460 which I test drove. Living in the Northeast I anticipate the x drive will be invaluable. I've already tested the car on wet pavement and it pulls beautifully thru turns without the concern of the rear end going out that the Porsche is known for.

Fun Car To Drive
By Dave on 10/07/07 13:41 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My wife and I looked at the 335, 528 and the 535i. For the price, the 535i was the best buy. Comfort is extremely good; performance is amazing for a car this size. Fun to drive – it is a blast. At 70, when floored, it will pin you back in the seat. It wants to cruise at 100 mph. I traded in a Honda S2000 and it was fun to drive, but this BMW is almost as much fun to drive and it is much more comfortable. Everyone wants to take a ride and drive it. Even my kids think it is great, but they want the 335i.

Wunderbar!
By Ed on 09/29/07 12:16 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

535i Sapphire Black/Black with Sport & Premium. Simply awesome. Very well built, comfortable, fun to drive, quiet inside and bloody fast. Test drove an A6 3.2 Quattro and an E350 Sport. The Audi was really nice but felt a little underpowered (after driving the 535i). The E350 is a great passenger's car, not that great a driver's car.

Awesome Vehicle
By AZbeemer on 09/27/07 20:19 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my second 5 series. The power of the 535i is awesome. I love the ride and enjoy how it handles. I am a guy that likes to know the power is there if I need/want it. I am completely amazed at the quality of this car.

World's best car
By JPH on 09/25/07 09:15 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 2003 525i and thought it was a nearly ideal vehicle. This car, however, is almost perfect. It is roomy for long trips and hauling children as well as for looking really "cool" on the road. Low maintenance costs. The iDrive is very simple to learn, even for those who aren't very technological. Other brands can't compare to BMW!

The Best One So Far
By R ME FLYER on 09/16/07 14:18 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series 535xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The 535xi is my 5th BMW and I got all the bells and whistles. The previous 4 were great, but pre-iDrive; this one is remarkable in comparison. A few post-purchase minutes with the salesman and using the iDrive was easy, don't know what the iDrive fuss is about. Great handling, acceleration and braking. The first 2k miles have been trouble free and a pleasure. Gas mileage was better than expected, 22-26 mpg so far and the turbos do make a difference when you want to pass or merge. I drove MB E350, Lexus GS 350, and Infiniti M45 and the Bimmer was my hands down choice.

Perfect Chicago Sedan
By grung on 09/15/07 15:15 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series 535xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I was looking for an all wheel drive sedan (5 passenger) to replace a G35 (rear wheel drive) for Chicago winters. I drove all the competitors from Audi A6 to Mercedes E350 to Infiniti M and so on. All of these were good cars. The BMW with its new twin turbo in-line 6 was the smoothest and best handling car, hands down. The luxury feel has been enhanced in the 2008. But when the need for speed is requested, this car responds with no hesitation. This is the best car I have owned.

BMW 535xi
By JeffM on 09/13/07 19:02 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 5 Series 535xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I previously owned a Lexus GS which was a rattle trap. I was originally concerned that the BMW would ride too rough for me since I have some pretty severe back problems. The 535 far exceeds my hopes and expectations. Not only are the comfort seats the most comfortable I've ever owned, but the ride is superb. It is a bit firmer than the Lexus, but the support the seats provide make the BMW a much more comfortable car for me. And this thing is rock solid - no rattles. Plus the fun factor is out of this world.This car is a rocket on rails. My wife always disliked the looks of BMW, but I can't get her out of this car. The iDrive is a piece of cake, nav system is great, and the prem stereo rocks.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.