Used 2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 178 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Back to Mercedes
By cowboy693x

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We have had the car for a year. It has been in the shop for six weeks in total. The engine light comes on when the car gets hot. The main problem is we live in MT. BMW does not take care of there customers, I am trying to get a buy back. I have had three Mercedes in the past, they are not as fun to drive, but they are miles ahead in quality and customer service.

Fun to drive.

build quality, fit and finish, customer relations

I love this car
By CKelleher

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in a 2004 330 convertible which I really enjoyed. The 535xi is heads and shoulder beyond the 330 Cic. I am hard on a car in daily use and drive more like an enthusiast. This car never disappoints, whether its a 4 hour drive to the beach or a drag race with a 17 year old in a mustang cobra, the BMW always comes through. Awesome creature comforts blows my parents e550 4 matic out of the water in every way. No problems whatsoever.

16 Months and I'm Still in Love
By SleepTight

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The best car I've ever owned! (And I've owned many.) The performance from the twin turbo inline 6 is simply amazing--great fuel economy too. Road feel and drive is great on optional sport wheels with aftermarket Bridgestone Potenzas. X-Drive and BMW handling makes this car a champion in bad weather. Incredibly comfortable on long drives thanks to contour seat package. Real-time traffic routing is a great addition to navigation. Logic 7 turns your car into a rolling concert hall. iPod and Bluetooth interface work flawlessly. Six speed auto is great once it gets warmed up. This is the car I take for long road trips. I'm always sorry when the trip is over because I have to stop driving.

Engine, transmission, Logic 7, Comfort seats, keyless entry, Real time traffic routing, bluetooth and iPod integration with iDrive. All-weather capability on good aftermarket all season tires. Ventilated seats (special option). The Xenon headlamps at night. And most all, the drive!

Auto unlock when transmission placed in park (duh). Eliminate transmission hesitation when car is cold Provide active roll stabilization and sport auto trans options with x-drive models. Provide more info in head-up display like M series. Better weight distribution, iDrive could be improved.

Engine
By bennett

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

We have had the car in the shop for the same reason 4 times. They have replaced 6 ejectors, fuel pump and a gas line. We got it out of the shop on a Thursday we went on a trip on Sunday and it backfired and made a loud noise and smoke filled the inside of the car. By the time we got it stopped and out, the car was burning. It burned up. We did all we could to get it repaired.

The trunk has lots of room.

Cup holders will not hold all drink sizes. The navigation system is hard to enter destinations.

2008 BMW 528i
By drao

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car as a commuting vehicle. It is a joy to drive on a day to day basis, very quiet to exterior sounds, quick, refined and luxurious. Previously I was driving a 2007 Mercedes C230 in which I had some recurring issues -- not so with the 528i -- absolutely awesome car!! This was the perfect choice for me and my (small) family. We do some trips once in a while and this car is perfect for our needs. If I had a couple more kids then I'd have opted for a minivan or SUV for sure with the additional space.

Comfort Seats, Auto folding exterior Mirrors, Sports driving mode

Standard fold down rear seats.