Remarkable Car
By Peter on
2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
This is my 9th BMW and I am pleased that BMWs have not lost their edge. Great handling, adequate power (I miss the torque from the MB E500 I had), very good build quality. The car is a roomy 4 door sports car. The 255 BHP 6 is good but torque is a little low and you tend to be aware that the 6 speed auto is being used rather a lot. I get a little hesitation when I make a sudden demand for acceleration which can be a little disconcerting. Sports package worth the money for the contour seats alone. They are the most comfortable seats in the business. Fuel economy is excellent. Superb car worthy of the BMW name. Just annoyed that BMW introduced the 300 BHP engine just after I purchased my car.
Favorite Features
Handling, build quality, seats, space, iDrive (no, I do not have any issues with it - I like the way it gets rid of all those buttons that clutter the car dashboard!!), fuel economy.
Suggested Improvements
Black upholstery marks easily, textured materials in cabin mark easily, poor quality trunk lid liner material, folding rear seats do not fold flat, nav system way too expensive (should be standard in this level of vehicle).