Like it after a year, minor issues
By ttroglio on
2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
Overall the car is great. This was our first BMW. Nice looks, nice interior comforts. Very nice leather. My only complaint so far is with the brakes. An annoying squeak develops when the front brakes get the slightest amount of dust on them. I did not expect this from a $50K car. Also, when I have the steering wheel and seat in a position I like, I cannot see the upper portion of the speedometer We are happy with the car. The ride is amazing. At high speeds in the rain it handles very well. Recently got a road force balance on the tires and that made the ride much better We purchased the car in black. I would not own another in black. Hard to keep clean.
Favorite Features
Leather interior. Sleek looks. Good visibility out all windows. I especially like the 6 speed steptronic and use it all the time. Wife opts for normal automatic tranny mode.
Suggested Improvements
Run flat tires are expensive and BMW recommends not repairing them. Got a nail in tire after 8K miles and they said tire had to be replaced to the tune of $400. Found local Goodyear store that did the repair. Brake issue needs to be addressed.