2007 BMW 5 Series 4.8L V8 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Impressive

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Review

Impressive
By Ron W. on

2007 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Exceeds my expectations! I do a lot of highway driving. Averaging over 29 MPG with about 20 on the local roads. This car is not only fast but comfortable as well. I focused on getting the colors I wanted (Monoco Blue and beige interior). I did not want nor bought all the extras; just the winter package and navigation. This car can zoom when I need the speed to pass. Cruising is awesome with navigation and the standard sound system which is excellent. The dealer did a great job on the pre-sale and delivery and what's wrong with 4 years of free maintenance.

Favorite Features

BMW handling and the power of the 4.8L V-8. No doubt the 360 Horsepower and torque (3,400 rpms) standout over the competition. This car is only slightly less powerful than the prior version of the M5. There are many standard features, e.g. bi-Xenon, Dakota leather, etc. so options desired are few.

Suggested Improvements

One challenge: finding the your color combo with a stick. Most dealers offer only versions of black, grey or silver with black interiors, Blah! iDrive is not intuitive, but I can live with it. No iPOD connection yet. No XM radio for football, baseball. HD-radio should be standard; not an option.