Great car if you're mentally prepared
By Paul on
2007 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)
I got this as a CPO in June 2010 and waited until now to write a review so I can report any potential problems. Well, this is a great car if you're mentally prepared for BMW(error messages can appear at any time, rattles could come and go, etc). I was prepared for all this before I bought this fully loaded 550i CPO(sport, premium sound, navi, cold weather, convenience, etc ). Coming from a Lexus, my intro to BMW was driving the car with a completely dead battery from the dealer lot. After being stranded, changing the battery, receiving the money spent on battery and cab ride from the dealer, the car has been trouble free and I smile every second I drive it.
Favorite Features
Premium seats, composure, braking, premium sound,amazing V8 performance and growling sound,amber night light interior scheme, perceived heft and quality of everything within reach inside except for cup holders.
Suggested Improvements
Cup holders are a joke(they fixed it in the 2011 version), cooled seats (also present in the 2011 version) and MPG - I get 16 in city and 22 on highway - I was prepared for this when I got the car and see it as the price to pay for driving one of the top 10 engines in the world(sweeeet V8)