2007 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Best BMW I ever owned! Autobah

2007 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

Best BMW I ever owned! Autobahn Proven!!
By Verdery on

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The car is wonderful! I picked it up in Munich as part of BMW's European Delivery Program and subsequently drove it 1,000 miles on the Autobahn throughout Germany and Austria this past December. It cruises at 130 mph just as easily as it does at 65 or 70 mph. It is actually more comfortable to drive at higher speeds. As with my past BMW, it has a tendancy to want to pull you faster down the road - like a race horse always wanting to go ever faster - be careful to keep an eye on the speedometer! The interior is very nicely appointed and well equipped. The iDrive is not as cumbersome as others have claimed. I think the iDrive becomes an issue for those drivers who are not tech savvy.

The iDrive is not difficult to operate if you own either a Blackberry or Palm Treo - they operate under the same general principle. The navigation system is a must! Nav system also allows for voice recognition. Definitely opt for the split fold down rear seats to compliment the already huge trunk!

The only improvements I would suggest to BMW would be better placement of cup holders and a little more power to the wheels.