2007 BMW 5 Series 525i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Sad to say
By louis

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love the car when it is not in the shop.Purchased an '07 model in May 06. Car has 6000 mi and has been in the shop 40 days. First it had a steering angle sensor problem took 30 days for part to come in. Then a recall for shock absorbers. Then 3 trips for bluetooth problems and sunroof. After that had programming problem with air conditioner. Car is only 5 MONTHS OLD!

Favorite Features

Love the way it handles and looks.

Suggested Improvements

Make the car less vulnerable to computer chip problems. The cup holders are a joke. Too much plastic used along side panels in interior of car. Looks cheap.

Lots of fun
By Beemer Mommy

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car for the working mom driving 60 miles a day. Great performance, lots of fun and plenty of room in the back seat for a car seat as well as a booster seat. I plan on being a BMW owner for life!

Favorite Features

Roomy back seat. Large trunk. Great performance. Child locks. Very safe.

Suggested Improvements

None as of yet.

Excellent car
By tom Johnston

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. The iDrive is not that hard to use. It has nothing to do with the drive or handling. The 525 has enough power for all every day around town duties. On the road it is a dream, 30 MPG last trip!

Favorite Features

Handling, and interior comfort. I love the look and the fit and finish are excellent.

Suggested Improvements

Better floor mats.

Home Run
By Cinco Cinco

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the 3rd BMW that I owned, second 5 series. This is one sweet car. Mine is black w/brick color interior. BMWs are reliable and fun to drive and are SAFE! Plenty of room in car and trunk.

Favorite Features

Fuel efficient for sedan of this type with 255 hp that tops out at 150mph. Comfort seats, sport pkg with steerable xenons. MP3. No more dip-stick to check. Bluetooth is great! MPG is 30 highway at 70mph and 24mpg in/around mileage (not city).

Suggested Improvements

Cups holders that are placed near the driver, Hello BMW are you listening? IDrive is NOT your best bud!

Love my car
By Donald Thorn

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the first bimmer I have owned and it will not be the last, unless I keep this one forever. The car drives and handles great and is a pleasure to operate. I also feel very safe in my bimmer. The car is very well insulated and outside noise is almost unheard. I purchased the premium sound system and love it. The iDrive was a little daunting to begin with, but I have mastered it and if I can do it, anybody can. I would highly recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

Premimum stereo and sound system, automatic windshield wipers, heated seats, Xenon headlights.

Excellent performance and build quality
By Ayyubov

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm so happy that I got this car. I owned famous brands like Lexus, Toyota, Honda, Nissan before and nothing can compare to this vehicle. The drive is stable and performance is great.

Favorite Features

Navigation, Bluetooth, seats, build quality, quietness.

Suggested Improvements

None noticed yet.

Great drive
By dg

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Car drives great. smoother and quieter than 2003 530. Switched to automatic. sport mode takes a while to get used to but pretty good. Suspension best I've ever driven. Absorbs most bumps but stays tight in turns. Haven't driven in snow yet.

Favorite Features

Comfort seats, HK radio, bluetooth connection for phone. MP3 cd player.

Suggested Improvements

Car came with small rattle dealer can't find source. Dialing in bluetooth phone not compatible. Needs more storage inside front of car. Audi much better here. Piece in middle of armrest useless. Need to be able to put trunk hitch for bike rack. Roof rack not good alternative & only holds 2 bikes.

First Time BMW Owner
By shardy

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love the drive and acceleration in this car. Feels like riding on a cloud when you put this car on the highway. Has good sound insulation and of course that classic, handsome look of the BMW. The standard stereo system is great with good sound quality.

Favorite Features

Navigation system and bluetooth. The iDrive is easy to use, as I learned most features without reading the manual.

Suggested Improvements

I would find a better location for the cup holder for the driver. Also I would change the location of the CD changer in the car.

Love this car
By JW

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is amazing, which, for the price, it should be. It is however living up to every expectation. I don't know how I ever drove anything else

Favorite Features

IDrive is complicated at first, but easy to learn. I love the bluetooth capability for the phone and the how solid the car feels when your driving it. The interior may not be as "welcoming" as other vehicles, but I think BMW did a great job combining functionality with appearance

Suggested Improvements

No storage! The center console could have been hollowed out, instead they put a useless storage bin. There are no sunglass holders and no compartments in the dash!!

The best BMW yet
By Michelle

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th BMW and I have never been disappointed. It wasn't until the new '07 525 that I was actually blown away. It is light years ahead of my old 528. All the new electronics (voice activation, navigation, iDrive, iPod, bluetooth) are worth every penny especially if you use your car as your mobile office.

Favorite Features

Electronics

Suggested Improvements

Trunk line is a little boxy