Used 2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Love This Car
By Love This Car

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought this car about two weeks ago and I love it. Just a beautiful car. Drove Hondas and Toyotas before and no comparison. I can see why people stay with BMW. The car just feels well put together. It feels solid on the road. I got the sport package and I like the wheels and seats that come with it. Great handling and acceleration although there is a little lag when you punch it which probably wouldn't be an issue with the V8. Fuel economy, however, is very good for this type of car.

Design, handling.

Cup holders not the greatest and the center console doesn't offer much storage, but this are minor complaints.

Awesome Car
By Jean

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car last year, so far it has only been back to the dealer for the free maintenance. I live in snowy Canada so a car that handles well in snowy weather is important, this car was absolutely exceptional last year. Performance, balance and handling are superb. The xi add on is well worth it. Last winter was a very heavy snowfall winter and I drove the car without snows, it drove like it was on rails, some of the roads were unplowed, slippery, and the car handled it without a problem, it gives you a great feeling of safety and it has not let me down yet.

bluetooth, x drive, smooth as silk engine and ride, adaptive lighting and the interior

more storage space in the front passenger area

Best I've owned
By Michael Flatow

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 5 other BMWs including a 7 series. This is the best one I have had from an all around driving experience. The 6 cylinder has outstanding acceleration, not much different from the 550 I test drove. Gas economy is amazing for this kind of car. Handling is fantastic and overall ride is close to perfect. I convinced my 82 year old dad to buy one and he now feels the same way

Acceleration, handling, sound system.

Cup holders and inside storage.

Still Thrills
By pjl275

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When you drive this BMW, you know that a great deal of effort went into every facet of the automobile. The way each sound the reaches your ears and the car reacts to bumps and especially the way it drives down the road. I've had this car for about 18 months and 16,000 miles. Each mile is a pleasure, and every drive is too short. X-drive is great in snow and rain, i-drive is still revealing new functions but works well for me, but the standard radio is just ok. Standard seats are comfortable for hours on end. Highway driving is smooth and quiet, very easy to cruise at high speeds. I've leased this car and really do not want to ever give it back. Just do it, you only live once.

Nav, sat radio, swivel headlights, handling, great sounds from the engine, workmanship, rock solid reliability, not one problem with car. MPG averages 18-19 city, 25-27 hwy.

More power, but that would sacrifice MPG, better standard radio,

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By dinan530i

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Definitely the best vehicle I have ever owned. I used to drive Hondas and Toyotas but owning a 5 series really opened my eyes to the reasons that make so many people want to keep buying these even with a hefty price tag.

Though just about every single magazine hates the iDrive, I am very happy with it. There are a lot of things that can still be improved but I think it is very user friendly. If you know how to write your name, you shouldn't have a problem with it.

I think they should increase the amount of the basic features, rather than having to end up paying 10-15 thousand more for options that most come standard with other manufacturers.