2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Best Car Yet
By ReRe on 02/11/07 13:59 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my new 2007 525i, I previously had a 2004 325i and this one is just much more roomier and comfortable and I love the Black Sapphire exterior with sand color interior combination. I do have a little difficulty with the I controller, but I'm sure I'll get the swing of it. Car drives great!

Fantastic 5
By William on 02/09/07 18:45 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This 2007 is a replacement for my 2003 5 series. I thought the 2003 was the finest car I had driven.The 2007 is so much better in every way! Also iDrive is quite easy if you take the time and read the directions and practice using it in your garage.

Best BMW I ever owned! Autobahn Proven!!
By Verdery on 02/04/07 12:40 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The car is wonderful! I picked it up in Munich as part of BMW's European Delivery Program and subsequently drove it 1,000 miles on the Autobahn throughout Germany and Austria this past December. It cruises at 130 mph just as easily as it does at 65 or 70 mph. It is actually more comfortable to drive at higher speeds. As with my past BMW, it has a tendancy to want to pull you faster down the road - like a race horse always wanting to go ever faster - be careful to keep an eye on the speedometer! The interior is very nicely appointed and well equipped. The iDrive is not as cumbersome as others have claimed. I think the iDrive becomes an issue for those drivers who are not tech savvy.

Love it.
By Davidson on 01/27/07 07:08 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this 530i to replace another luxury sedan. Riding in the 530i is incomparable, you feel like a billion bucks, well at least a million. Go compare a test drive with other luxury autos, you'll feel the difference. In the end, all else is just not a BMW and you get what you pay for.

Electronically troubled
By 530i owner on 01/19/07 05:12 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Now in the shop for the fourth time to fix the (apparently) unfixable Sirius satellite radio; entire radio failed once; engine valve clatter and transmission "clunk" is annoying, but not yet troublesome. Great car otherwise, but clearly not up to manufacturing and reliability standards of Lexus, Acura and the other "Pacific Rim" manufacturers whose cars I have owned in the past. Even more troubelsome than the two Mercedes we recently owned.

Great car.
By Sixpaqs on 01/15/07 12:23 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very fun to drive, and big enough for me inside. I am 6'4". I love driving this car. Literally, I take the long way home.

Awesome car
By Mike on 01/08/07 10:24 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The 2007 BMW 525i is a blast to drive with good gas mileage. Handles like a race car and is still has plenty of luxury to it. A buy all day long!

Great car even with no options
By George on 12/30/06 19:22 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the first BMW I have bought. The car looks and rides better then any of the other cars I have owned (12) over the past 25 years. It may be a little high for most budgets but you will not be disapointed. Worth every penny. I only got Aust and had to have the navigation. The car is packed with features without spending tons on options. Completely satisfied with the performance on the basic 215 HP 525i.

No going back to Lexus!
By Pat on 12/26/06 16:02 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After owning a Lexus since 1998 (GS 400 and LS 430), I test drove the BMW for its renowned sports feel. There is no comparison! For a youthful yet practical drive, this is the top choice. The All Wheel capabilities allow a sports car in Northeast winters. I love to drive this car and there is plenty of room for two kids and two dogs!

My first Bimmer
By Wayne Siegel on 12/25/06 10:14 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Having owned an E430 4-matic and Audi A8L prior to this, I'm getting used to the smaller car. The iDrive system is terrible compared to MMI of Audi. Acceleration is a bit slow but handling is awesome in all weather conditions. Interior finish is a bit 'cheap' with too much vinyl and tacky plastic buttons for this price-point! Fold down rear seats, Bluetooth and headup display are nice features. Getting 19-20 mpgs driving around northern NJ. I look forward to 7- series xi next time.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.