Used 2007 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews - 115 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

My first BMW
By S. C. Guy

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

There is much to like about this car. Performance, styling, and reliability. It also seems to maintain value. There are some frustrating features on the car - the iDrive takes some getting used to. Something that should be simple, like tuning the radio, switching from CD to radio, even the climate control, has been (in my opinion) over-engineered. Often multiple steps are required to perform a function that could be more easily done with the turn of a knob. The sun roof is very noisy (after the sale, the rep. said all 5-Series have excessive wind noise when closed). I usually just keep the interior cover closed to avoid the noise. Interior cabin storage is non-existent, but the trunk is large.

Styling. Performance. Xenon headlights.

Eliminate the wind noise from the sunroof. Simplify the controls.

Love This Car
By Glen D

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2007 530i new 2 years ago; I traded my 2004 530i in when I reached 45K miles. I have not been disappointed with either of these cars! The handling, comfort and power are great. I test drove a 2004 525 when I was first looking because the dealer had one with the Sport Package but I chose the larger engine and didn't regret my choice. The 50K no charge warranty is great but honestly, the dealer makes things up so they can fix my car, e.g., change the wiper blades, etc; I have not had any real issues with my cars.

Power and handling, MP3 CD player, steering wheel controls and the warranty.

Cup holders are a joke but they do work; I rarely use them. Minor trim issues such as black coating chipping on certain parts; dealer replaced all of these for free.

Love This Car
By Love This Car

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought this car about two weeks ago and I love it. Just a beautiful car. Drove Hondas and Toyotas before and no comparison. I can see why people stay with BMW. The car just feels well put together. It feels solid on the road. I got the sport package and I like the wheels and seats that come with it. Great handling and acceleration although there is a little lag when you punch it which probably wouldn't be an issue with the V8. Fuel economy, however, is very good for this type of car.

Design, handling.

Cup holders not the greatest and the center console doesn't offer much storage, but this are minor complaints.

Awesome Car
By Jean

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car last year, so far it has only been back to the dealer for the free maintenance. I live in snowy Canada so a car that handles well in snowy weather is important, this car was absolutely exceptional last year. Performance, balance and handling are superb. The xi add on is well worth it. Last winter was a very heavy snowfall winter and I drove the car without snows, it drove like it was on rails, some of the roads were unplowed, slippery, and the car handled it without a problem, it gives you a great feeling of safety and it has not let me down yet.

bluetooth, x drive, smooth as silk engine and ride, adaptive lighting and the interior

more storage space in the front passenger area

Best I've owned
By Michael Flatow

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 5 other BMWs including a 7 series. This is the best one I have had from an all around driving experience. The 6 cylinder has outstanding acceleration, not much different from the 550 I test drove. Gas economy is amazing for this kind of car. Handling is fantastic and overall ride is close to perfect. I convinced my 82 year old dad to buy one and he now feels the same way

Acceleration, handling, sound system.

Cup holders and inside storage.