2007 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Munichen Cruiser
By Dr Depth on 02/20/07 12:32 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up in Munich, and hit the Autobahn; although keeping break-in RPMs below 4,500, was still able to enjoy high speed cruising. Ended in Naples with 1250 miles a week later. Delivered to USA in early November. Currently 6,500 miles and enjoying more every day. This is a unique car, after driving 1995 Audi S6 for ten years, 175,000 miles, this car had to please me alot. So far, it has delivered. No real issues, although iDrive technology learning curve is initially steep. Mounted snow tires on new wheels to blast around this winter, and can't wait to return to summer driving conditions. Likely the best ride for the sporty minded sedan generation.

Truely An Ultimate Driving Machine!
By Ruben on 02/17/07 22:21 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I bought my 550i just a few weeks ago, and what an incredible ride that car, let me tell you. Not only is it POWERFUL, putting you back in your seat, but it stops on a dime. Having a "racing" background I can tell you that you need to get the 5 series for its handling and power delivery. Everything else, just about is a plus. The monster power in the 550i is invigorating! Have fun! Please just make sure that the Homelink garage door opener works before you drive it off the dealer. Mine needed to be changed 3 days later.

A car with soul
By CheapflyfishingSOB on 02/16/07 11:16 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm 41 with two kids. This is the perfect car for me; it is fun to drive in any situation. There is plenty of room for all the hockey equipment. I have not had one problem with the car.

Best Car Yet
By ReRe on 02/11/07 13:59 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my new 2007 525i, I previously had a 2004 325i and this one is just much more roomier and comfortable and I love the Black Sapphire exterior with sand color interior combination. I do have a little difficulty with the I controller, but I'm sure I'll get the swing of it. Car drives great!

Fantastic 5
By William on 02/09/07 18:45 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This 2007 is a replacement for my 2003 5 series. I thought the 2003 was the finest car I had driven.The 2007 is so much better in every way! Also iDrive is quite easy if you take the time and read the directions and practice using it in your garage.

Best BMW I ever owned! Autobahn Proven!!
By Verdery on 02/04/07 12:40 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The car is wonderful! I picked it up in Munich as part of BMW's European Delivery Program and subsequently drove it 1,000 miles on the Autobahn throughout Germany and Austria this past December. It cruises at 130 mph just as easily as it does at 65 or 70 mph. It is actually more comfortable to drive at higher speeds. As with my past BMW, it has a tendancy to want to pull you faster down the road - like a race horse always wanting to go ever faster - be careful to keep an eye on the speedometer! The interior is very nicely appointed and well equipped. The iDrive is not as cumbersome as others have claimed. I think the iDrive becomes an issue for those drivers who are not tech savvy.

Solid
By Leathery on 01/27/07 10:27 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car. You will not be disappointed. Solid handling, fun to drive, great stereo and I love the Sirius radio. A driver's car. What more could you ask for? Will definitely be a repeat customer. Take the plunge.

Love it.
By Davidson on 01/27/07 07:08 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this 530i to replace another luxury sedan. Riding in the 530i is incomparable, you feel like a billion bucks, well at least a million. Go compare a test drive with other luxury autos, you'll feel the difference. In the end, all else is just not a BMW and you get what you pay for.

Electronically troubled
By 530i owner on 01/19/07 05:12 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Now in the shop for the fourth time to fix the (apparently) unfixable Sirius satellite radio; entire radio failed once; engine valve clatter and transmission "clunk" is annoying, but not yet troublesome. Great car otherwise, but clearly not up to manufacturing and reliability standards of Lexus, Acura and the other "Pacific Rim" manufacturers whose cars I have owned in the past. Even more troubelsome than the two Mercedes we recently owned.

Great car.
By Sixpaqs on 01/15/07 12:23 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very fun to drive, and big enough for me inside. I am 6'4". I love driving this car. Literally, I take the long way home.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.