Used 2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Most Helpful|
Love This Car
By Glen D

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2007 530i new 2 years ago; I traded my 2004 530i in when I reached 45K miles. I have not been disappointed with either of these cars! The handling, comfort and power are great. I test drove a 2004 525 when I was first looking because the dealer had one with the Sport Package but I chose the larger engine and didn't regret my choice. The 50K no charge warranty is great but honestly, the dealer makes things up so they can fix my car, e.g., change the wiper blades, etc; I have not had any real issues with my cars.

Favorite Features

Power and handling, MP3 CD player, steering wheel controls and the warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are a joke but they do work; I rarely use them. Minor trim issues such as black coating chipping on certain parts; dealer replaced all of these for free.

I love this car
By pedro

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had more than 10 cars, the last 2 were infinti g35 and lexus IS 350, I am very please with the ride and handling, nice car, no compartment space at the front, but i get lost of compliments about the car. On snow days the car drive as a tank solid performance.

Favorite Features

the look and the drive, spacious, the sound.

Suggested Improvements

Lots of wind noise from the sunroof on the highway

Realistic Review
By Autoluver

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought it cpo with 21,000 miles on it about a year ago I have the awesome extended warranty which was one of the final selling points for me. I have had a few small issues and BMW has fixed them on the spot no questions asked. The best thing about this car is driving it if you want a sports car but want four doors and some room this is your car . Handling is exceptional. It is so much fun to drive plus 32 mpg highway. The quality on the interior is good. I am 6,1 and a decent size guy I still have a little room left over. Cup holders awful everyone says it but hey it's really the only thing bad I can say about it. I like the idrive. Radio is not bad. Buy one with the warranty you will luv it!

Favorite Features

idrive, handling, adaptive xenon headlights.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder fixed in 2011.. oh and whoever thought of putting the radio input jack in the backseat area. HELLO! And now its hidden in the arm rest! Really? c'mon! you don't need to hide it is just a little hole.

550i-The Ultimate Driving Machine
By ck1246

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Bought the car used with 39k miles. It is a nicely refined German beast. Super fast and equally comfortable. But you must pay the cost to own such a machine. The 550i takes 8 1/2 quarts of full synthetic, which will run you around 110 bucks at the dealer. Breaks and tires are not cheap on the vehicle. I paid 800 bucks for the front two break pads/rotors. Had an electronic issue with the transmission at about 70k miles but the dealership covered it. If you are prepared to shell out money to maintain it, then I think you will enjoy this car. It is a dream to drive and the i-drive is easy to use although finicky at times. The dealership has been great and supply a new loaner free every time.

Favorite Features

The engine! 360 hp/ 360 ft lbs torque. The seats are super comfortable. Handling. Overall look. Engine sounds great getting on it. Blends muscle car performance with a luxury ride.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holders are atrocious but they fixed it in the new models. Break dust is terrible. Cant keep the wheels clean longer for a few days. Breaks squeal a lot.

My first BMW
By S. C. Guy

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

There is much to like about this car. Performance, styling, and reliability. It also seems to maintain value. There are some frustrating features on the car - the iDrive takes some getting used to. Something that should be simple, like tuning the radio, switching from CD to radio, even the climate control, has been (in my opinion) over-engineered. Often multiple steps are required to perform a function that could be more easily done with the turn of a knob. The sun roof is very noisy (after the sale, the rep. said all 5-Series have excessive wind noise when closed). I usually just keep the interior cover closed to avoid the noise. Interior cabin storage is non-existent, but the trunk is large.

Favorite Features

Styling. Performance. Xenon headlights.

Suggested Improvements

Eliminate the wind noise from the sunroof. Simplify the controls.