Used 2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

07 530i
By 07 530I

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Best car I have ever owned and truly a pleasure to drive. I commute 100 round trip daily and I look forward to driving this car even after 3 years and 55k miles. Corners like a dream, gets up and goes fast enough but keeps you out of trouble. I have every option available except the night vision and active cruise control. You must have the sports package as the looks and performance can't be matched. Bought this car new with only 3 miles on it.

Seats, handling on corners, sound system, navigation, smooth quiet ride at high freeway speeds.

I don't like the view from the front of the car. BMW could have jazzed this up a bit or kept the 02 profile. Side profile looks hot though especially with good set of wheels. Idrive is ok but having climate control in there is bit cumbersome for a simple adjustment.

Lots of Features - Love this car
By AHGuest

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is really a great car. It has so many features - even after having it for a couple of months, I'm still finding new features all the time. I just found that there are 2 compartments in the arm-rest. I've been told the lower compartment is to keep drinks cool. This car drives great, is very comfortable and smooth, and with all it's function, it looks great too. I've driven a 3 series before but with 2 kids and car seats, the 5 series is definitely the right size.

Sun roof, Idrive console, bluetooth, auto-sensor wipers, controls on the steering wheel are great, aux input to play music from Iphone, roomy trunk.

Climate control should be buttons and not controlled through the menu. Right and left turn switch has 2 settings (1 that blinks 3 times and the other that keeps blinking until you make your turn) - I've found this feature hard to get used to and would rather it was just one setting like other cars.

Great balance of luxury and sport
By ronbham

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just got a CPO with 28K miles. Drives like a dream. I opted for the sport pkg with no regrets. The only glaring disappointment was the Logic 7 Sound system which leaves a lot to be desired. My Civic SI factory upgrade system was better! For a lux car that retails for 60k new the Logics 7 system should rival Acura but falls far short on fidelity plus a boomy bass. Too bad for such a quiet car.

handling, brakes, road manners, looks, resale

Dismal Logic 7 upgrade sound, poor for this level of car. Low on storage for such a big car, especially center console with silly, small tiered storage compartments.

My first BMW
By S. C. Guy

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

There is much to like about this car. Performance, styling, and reliability. It also seems to maintain value. There are some frustrating features on the car - the iDrive takes some getting used to. Something that should be simple, like tuning the radio, switching from CD to radio, even the climate control, has been (in my opinion) over-engineered. Often multiple steps are required to perform a function that could be more easily done with the turn of a knob. The sun roof is very noisy (after the sale, the rep. said all 5-Series have excessive wind noise when closed). I usually just keep the interior cover closed to avoid the noise. Interior cabin storage is non-existent, but the trunk is large.

Styling. Performance. Xenon headlights.

Eliminate the wind noise from the sunroof. Simplify the controls.

Love This Car
By Glen D

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2007 530i new 2 years ago; I traded my 2004 530i in when I reached 45K miles. I have not been disappointed with either of these cars! The handling, comfort and power are great. I test drove a 2004 525 when I was first looking because the dealer had one with the Sport Package but I chose the larger engine and didn't regret my choice. The 50K no charge warranty is great but honestly, the dealer makes things up so they can fix my car, e.g., change the wiper blades, etc; I have not had any real issues with my cars.

Power and handling, MP3 CD player, steering wheel controls and the warranty.

Cup holders are a joke but they do work; I rarely use them. Minor trim issues such as black coating chipping on certain parts; dealer replaced all of these for free.