2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
The Ultimate Driving Machine!
By Tommy Tomsan on 03/25/07 09:39 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

After 16 years of owning BMWs, bought an 03 MB SL500, drove it for 2 months, traded it in for my 2007 550i. No comparison, yes different car, but the 550i truly outperformed in all areas. Let's start with peace of mind with BMW's bumper to bumper warranty, smooth transmission, more than ample power (367 hp!!), luxurious interior & amenities, iDrive is not bad once you get use to it, bluetooth, nav display is wide & split screen for other features, tons of improvement from prior models, too much to list, running out of space. It's the "Ultimate Driving Machine" and nothing in its class compares!

Very, very nice
By Ryan on 03/19/07 11:25 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I leased a 530, when the 335 felt surprisingly small. The ride of the car is great, and the quality of materials used in the cabin are great. I really wanted the hi-fi audio, but could not find a car with it. I can see why, as the "stock" system is great, far exceeding my expectations. the 3.0L engine is very capable, and handles all speeds very well.

Almost Perfect
By Edward on 03/10/07 19:44 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had the 2007 530i with manual transmission for about a month. What a great car! Test drove the automatic but it wasn't quite as fun to drive. The handling, ride quality, and acceleration simply brings a huge smile on my face. Like other reviewers, I always take the long way home. I have owned Lexus and Volvo and there is no comparison. This is truly a driver's car. If you really enjoy driving, this is your car. Also, I am averaging 28.5 mpg combined driving (another plus for getting the manual transmission).

Best Yet!
By Jack C. on 03/06/07 08:33 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second BMW. It doesn't get any better than this! Wonderful ride, muscle and luxury in one beautiful package.

Beautiful Car
By pnut on 03/03/07 13:44 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My husband just bought this car and I fell in love with it the moment I got into it. Such an attractive vehicle and it drives beautifully. I don't know a lot about cars, but I have driven a Jaguar, Mercedes, Land Rover and Volvo and none of them comes close.

Bye Bye Benz
By gocart304 on 03/03/07 12:52 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned several Mercedes and thought I would never switch. I went to get another Mercedes and their emphasis on cost cutting is apparent. I drove the 530xi and was blown away. Interior appointments are outstanding, fit and finish exceptional and the driving experience is beyond compare. This car is absolutely dead stable (and nearly silent) at 130 mph with amazing handling even in heavy rain. You can get an E-Class Mercedes for less, but there is just no comparison. The 530xi is worth the few extra bucks - it is clear that this is still a pure German built vehicle (like Porsche).

Elegance & Power
By Peter Louca on 02/21/07 19:09 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

A drive in the 550i is an experience of quality, satisfaction and exclusivity. Superior handling and braking, comfortable and refined interior, run-flat tires. Harman Kardon Logic 7 system sports 13 speakers (including two subwoofers), surround sound simulation, Digital Sound Processing (DSP).

Munichen Cruiser
By Dr Depth on 02/20/07 12:32 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up in Munich, and hit the Autobahn; although keeping break-in RPMs below 4,500, was still able to enjoy high speed cruising. Ended in Naples with 1250 miles a week later. Delivered to USA in early November. Currently 6,500 miles and enjoying more every day. This is a unique car, after driving 1995 Audi S6 for ten years, 175,000 miles, this car had to please me alot. So far, it has delivered. No real issues, although iDrive technology learning curve is initially steep. Mounted snow tires on new wheels to blast around this winter, and can't wait to return to summer driving conditions. Likely the best ride for the sporty minded sedan generation.

Truely An Ultimate Driving Machine!
By Ruben on 02/17/07 22:21 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I bought my 550i just a few weeks ago, and what an incredible ride that car, let me tell you. Not only is it POWERFUL, putting you back in your seat, but it stops on a dime. Having a "racing" background I can tell you that you need to get the 5 series for its handling and power delivery. Everything else, just about is a plus. The monster power in the 550i is invigorating! Have fun! Please just make sure that the Homelink garage door opener works before you drive it off the dealer. Mine needed to be changed 3 days later.

A car with soul
By CheapflyfishingSOB on 02/16/07 11:16 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm 41 with two kids. This is the perfect car for me; it is fun to drive in any situation. There is plenty of room for all the hockey equipment. I have not had one problem with the car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.