Used 2007 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

525xi Cert Pre-Owned: Good Times
By 07 525xi CPO

2007 BMW 5 Series 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my Certified Pre-Owned with 18K miles. Mileage is only mentioned a few times in the reviews, so I thought I would confirm the reports of excellent mileage ... I'm getting 24.5 to 25.5 around the Wash DC beltway, about 70/30 highway/streets. I'm looking forward to a road trip to confirm the high highway reports. The comfort of the seats is also amazing.

Handling, seats, sunroof, overall excellence -- a joy!

Still trying to learn climate and radio control via I-drive -- I'd prefer traditional control of these functions.

07 530i
By 07 530I

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Best car I have ever owned and truly a pleasure to drive. I commute 100 round trip daily and I look forward to driving this car even after 3 years and 55k miles. Corners like a dream, gets up and goes fast enough but keeps you out of trouble. I have every option available except the night vision and active cruise control. You must have the sports package as the looks and performance can't be matched. Bought this car new with only 3 miles on it.

Seats, handling on corners, sound system, navigation, smooth quiet ride at high freeway speeds.

I don't like the view from the front of the car. BMW could have jazzed this up a bit or kept the 02 profile. Side profile looks hot though especially with good set of wheels. Idrive is ok but having climate control in there is bit cumbersome for a simple adjustment.

Lots of Features - Love this car
By AHGuest

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is really a great car. It has so many features - even after having it for a couple of months, I'm still finding new features all the time. I just found that there are 2 compartments in the arm-rest. I've been told the lower compartment is to keep drinks cool. This car drives great, is very comfortable and smooth, and with all it's function, it looks great too. I've driven a 3 series before but with 2 kids and car seats, the 5 series is definitely the right size.

Sun roof, Idrive console, bluetooth, auto-sensor wipers, controls on the steering wheel are great, aux input to play music from Iphone, roomy trunk.

Climate control should be buttons and not controlled through the menu. Right and left turn switch has 2 settings (1 that blinks 3 times and the other that keeps blinking until you make your turn) - I've found this feature hard to get used to and would rather it was just one setting like other cars.

Great balance of luxury and sport
By ronbham

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just got a CPO with 28K miles. Drives like a dream. I opted for the sport pkg with no regrets. The only glaring disappointment was the Logic 7 Sound system which leaves a lot to be desired. My Civic SI factory upgrade system was better! For a lux car that retails for 60k new the Logics 7 system should rival Acura but falls far short on fidelity plus a boomy bass. Too bad for such a quiet car.

handling, brakes, road manners, looks, resale

Dismal Logic 7 upgrade sound, poor for this level of car. Low on storage for such a big car, especially center console with silly, small tiered storage compartments.

My first BMW
By S. C. Guy

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

There is much to like about this car. Performance, styling, and reliability. It also seems to maintain value. There are some frustrating features on the car - the iDrive takes some getting used to. Something that should be simple, like tuning the radio, switching from CD to radio, even the climate control, has been (in my opinion) over-engineered. Often multiple steps are required to perform a function that could be more easily done with the turn of a knob. The sun roof is very noisy (after the sale, the rep. said all 5-Series have excessive wind noise when closed). I usually just keep the interior cover closed to avoid the noise. Interior cabin storage is non-existent, but the trunk is large.

Styling. Performance. Xenon headlights.

Eliminate the wind noise from the sunroof. Simplify the controls.