2007 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Smooth
By dano on 04/12/07 09:18 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Its been over 12 years since my last bimmer. There's lots of new technology, but most importantly the fun-to-drive factor is still there. Adequate power from the 215hp, very comfortable ride, solid feeling car. Only two disappointments are the Nav and interior storage. Severely outdated and lacking basic function of search-by-name. Who decided to leave this out? Interior storage is minimal. Space in center armrest is laughable. Those gripes aside this is a great car.

Family Sedan Muscle Car!!
By illinimax on 04/10/07 21:24 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

After driving everything in the luxury sedan market in the $45-65K range this car won me over. Unlike the Lexus GS 350, this car has a real trunk, way more fun to drive than anything in its price range. The hushed cabin at high speed puts Lexus and Infinti to shame combined with incredible handling. Don't pass up the chance to try one of these cars. Thumbs way up!

Living the dream
By btg on 04/08/07 06:29 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a dream come true. Living in New England, I was starting to accept the idea that I would have to drive an SUV. This car saved me! I love driving it, and for the first time ever, I can't wait for the next snow storm! I was considering the Lexus 350 AWD... NO COMPARISON! If you drive this car, you will fall in love. Period.

The Ultimate Driving Machine!
By Tommy Tomsan on 03/25/07 09:39 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

After 16 years of owning BMWs, bought an 03 MB SL500, drove it for 2 months, traded it in for my 2007 550i. No comparison, yes different car, but the 550i truly outperformed in all areas. Let's start with peace of mind with BMW's bumper to bumper warranty, smooth transmission, more than ample power (367 hp!!), luxurious interior & amenities, iDrive is not bad once you get use to it, bluetooth, nav display is wide & split screen for other features, tons of improvement from prior models, too much to list, running out of space. It's the "Ultimate Driving Machine" and nothing in its class compares!

Very, very nice
By Ryan on 03/19/07 11:25 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I leased a 530, when the 335 felt surprisingly small. The ride of the car is great, and the quality of materials used in the cabin are great. I really wanted the hi-fi audio, but could not find a car with it. I can see why, as the "stock" system is great, far exceeding my expectations. the 3.0L engine is very capable, and handles all speeds very well.

Almost Perfect
By Edward on 03/10/07 19:44 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had the 2007 530i with manual transmission for about a month. What a great car! Test drove the automatic but it wasn't quite as fun to drive. The handling, ride quality, and acceleration simply brings a huge smile on my face. Like other reviewers, I always take the long way home. I have owned Lexus and Volvo and there is no comparison. This is truly a driver's car. If you really enjoy driving, this is your car. Also, I am averaging 28.5 mpg combined driving (another plus for getting the manual transmission).

Best Yet!
By Jack C. on 03/06/07 08:33 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second BMW. It doesn't get any better than this! Wonderful ride, muscle and luxury in one beautiful package.

Beautiful Car
By pnut on 03/03/07 13:44 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My husband just bought this car and I fell in love with it the moment I got into it. Such an attractive vehicle and it drives beautifully. I don't know a lot about cars, but I have driven a Jaguar, Mercedes, Land Rover and Volvo and none of them comes close.

Bye Bye Benz
By gocart304 on 03/03/07 12:52 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned several Mercedes and thought I would never switch. I went to get another Mercedes and their emphasis on cost cutting is apparent. I drove the 530xi and was blown away. Interior appointments are outstanding, fit and finish exceptional and the driving experience is beyond compare. This car is absolutely dead stable (and nearly silent) at 130 mph with amazing handling even in heavy rain. You can get an E-Class Mercedes for less, but there is just no comparison. The 530xi is worth the few extra bucks - it is clear that this is still a pure German built vehicle (like Porsche).

Elegance & Power
By Peter Louca on 02/21/07 19:09 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

A drive in the 550i is an experience of quality, satisfaction and exclusivity. Superior handling and braking, comfortable and refined interior, run-flat tires. Harman Kardon Logic 7 system sports 13 speakers (including two subwoofers), surround sound simulation, Digital Sound Processing (DSP).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.