Used 2007 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews - 116 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Ridiculously Fun
By W. A

2007 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I just purchase my first BMW (2007 550i) I test drove the 528 and did not like the lack of power. The 550i is a BEAST and is a dream to drive, I can't stay home, I take the longest way home and the acceleration is orgasmic. I will never drive another car other than a BMW. Worth every penny. Not sure what my gas mileage will be yet, but so far not bad for a V8 engine.

Bluetooth, iDrive, the stylish design, sport package, the V8 360hp. Premium sound and navigation.

Like everyone else, there is a lack of storage space. Otherwise hard to find fault with this vehicle.

It's worth it
By markt

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wow - what fun to drive. I wish I had the extra power of the 550 or the 535, but this car has it when you need it. I like to drive it in Drive Sport as it really hugs the road, and gives me the extra boost of speed.

Styling, road handling, seats, BMW quality.

iDrive could be better thought out. Car lacks some of the bells and whistles you'd think would be in a car of this caliber. Internal storage is nil. I can't even find a place to put my sunglasses.

525xi Cert Pre-Owned: Good Times
By 07 525xi CPO

2007 BMW 5 Series 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my Certified Pre-Owned with 18K miles. Mileage is only mentioned a few times in the reviews, so I thought I would confirm the reports of excellent mileage ... I'm getting 24.5 to 25.5 around the Wash DC beltway, about 70/30 highway/streets. I'm looking forward to a road trip to confirm the high highway reports. The comfort of the seats is also amazing.

Handling, seats, sunroof, overall excellence -- a joy!

Still trying to learn climate and radio control via I-drive -- I'd prefer traditional control of these functions.

07 530i
By 07 530I

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Best car I have ever owned and truly a pleasure to drive. I commute 100 round trip daily and I look forward to driving this car even after 3 years and 55k miles. Corners like a dream, gets up and goes fast enough but keeps you out of trouble. I have every option available except the night vision and active cruise control. You must have the sports package as the looks and performance can't be matched. Bought this car new with only 3 miles on it.

Seats, handling on corners, sound system, navigation, smooth quiet ride at high freeway speeds.

I don't like the view from the front of the car. BMW could have jazzed this up a bit or kept the 02 profile. Side profile looks hot though especially with good set of wheels. Idrive is ok but having climate control in there is bit cumbersome for a simple adjustment.

Lots of Features - Love this car
By AHGuest

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is really a great car. It has so many features - even after having it for a couple of months, I'm still finding new features all the time. I just found that there are 2 compartments in the arm-rest. I've been told the lower compartment is to keep drinks cool. This car drives great, is very comfortable and smooth, and with all it's function, it looks great too. I've driven a 3 series before but with 2 kids and car seats, the 5 series is definitely the right size.

Sun roof, Idrive console, bluetooth, auto-sensor wipers, controls on the steering wheel are great, aux input to play music from Iphone, roomy trunk.

Climate control should be buttons and not controlled through the menu. Right and left turn switch has 2 settings (1 that blinks 3 times and the other that keeps blinking until you make your turn) - I've found this feature hard to get used to and would rather it was just one setting like other cars.