Used 2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

First BMW
By MAM

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up a low mileage CPO, well equipped plus it has manual trans. Only have had it a week but.... Wow... This might be the perfect car. It does everything well. Not super fast off the line but quick enough and it can go from cruising to autobahn speeds in a flash. Very comfortable and I am 6'6" (comfort seats help). Nav system is weak compared to my Garmin but am still figuring it out. Logic 7 sound system is excellent and I have not played with the equalizer yet.

Favorite Features

Handling, road feel and smoothness of the power and ride. 6 Speed Manual. 20 way adjustable seats. Sound System. I-Drive yes I Drive. Still figuring out the intricacies but putting the time in pays off. Decent gas mileage so far.

Suggested Improvements

Nav System - make it as intuitive and accurate as my Garmin. Although it could improve once I get use to it.

BMW for life
By Correy

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought my 2nd BMW, first 5 series. Was planning on sticking with the 3 series coupe, but after testing a 5 series, was sold. Love it. Love the Service texts that the iDrive provides, love the MP3 capability, love the fact that for just a bit more for a payment and everything is covered for the next 100,000 mi. or 6 years. Living in Mn, the xi was an option I could not do without and was thrilled after making the purchase to find the "REST" button, (keeping the car warm when it's shut off). Immaculately beautiful, inside and out. That being said, two small gripes that everyone else had already said: storage -not so great and gas mileage. But I drive fast and knew what I was getting into.

Favorite Features

iDrive, Navigation, the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in, heated front AND rear seats AND steering wheel (a must in MN), REST, the style. EVERYTHING!

Suggested Improvements

The center console storage, which to me is not a biggie, and one other thing: the custom BMW rims. Hate them.

Ridiculously Fun
By W. A

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I just purchase my first BMW (2007 550i) I test drove the 528 and did not like the lack of power. The 550i is a BEAST and is a dream to drive, I can't stay home, I take the longest way home and the acceleration is orgasmic. I will never drive another car other than a BMW. Worth every penny. Not sure what my gas mileage will be yet, but so far not bad for a V8 engine.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, iDrive, the stylish design, sport package, the V8 360hp. Premium sound and navigation.

Suggested Improvements

Like everyone else, there is a lack of storage space. Otherwise hard to find fault with this vehicle.

It's worth it
By markt

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wow - what fun to drive. I wish I had the extra power of the 550 or the 535, but this car has it when you need it. I like to drive it in Drive Sport as it really hugs the road, and gives me the extra boost of speed.

Favorite Features

Styling, road handling, seats, BMW quality.

Suggested Improvements

iDrive could be better thought out. Car lacks some of the bells and whistles you'd think would be in a car of this caliber. Internal storage is nil. I can't even find a place to put my sunglasses.

525xi Cert Pre-Owned: Good Times
By 07 525xi CPO

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my Certified Pre-Owned with 18K miles. Mileage is only mentioned a few times in the reviews, so I thought I would confirm the reports of excellent mileage ... I'm getting 24.5 to 25.5 around the Wash DC beltway, about 70/30 highway/streets. I'm looking forward to a road trip to confirm the high highway reports. The comfort of the seats is also amazing.

Favorite Features

Handling, seats, sunroof, overall excellence -- a joy!

Suggested Improvements

Still trying to learn climate and radio control via I-drive -- I'd prefer traditional control of these functions.