2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
What took me so long
By Pacific NW Driver on 11/02/07 14:46 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my first BMW (530i w/Sport Package and navigation) one month ago to get style plus sporty performance. Had driven Nissan Maximas for prior 12+ years. This car has delivered as I'm inventing reasons to take the long way home. Went on a 300+ mile trip and it was extremely comfortable. Interior build quality, mechanical and electronic performance is very solid. The sport package with 18" low profile tires is a must as it really sets off the look and you get added handling.

Like it after a year, minor issues
By ttroglio on 10/07/07 12:39 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall the car is great. This was our first BMW. Nice looks, nice interior comforts. Very nice leather. My only complaint so far is with the brakes. An annoying squeak develops when the front brakes get the slightest amount of dust on them. I did not expect this from a $50K car. Also, when I have the steering wheel and seat in a position I like, I cannot see the upper portion of the speedometer We are happy with the car. The ride is amazing. At high speeds in the rain it handles very well. Recently got a road force balance on the tires and that made the ride much better We purchased the car in black. I would not own another in black. Hard to keep clean.

Outstanding ride
By frank Muschetto on 08/16/07 18:37 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Probably the finest car I have ever owned. Fun to drive, great engineering and outstanding performance. Highly recommend to anyone.

2007 550i Outstanding Car
By George on 07/24/07 10:23 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Over the years I've owned many BMW products; 7s, 5s, X5s, 2002 and on and on. None of them can match this particular car; it is truly incredible. At first I was not sure about the "Bangle" styling but I have to admit that as the car has aged it has really grown on me and I now love the styling. It will run with a Porsche 911 without problem, and on a cruise from Florida to Michigan it was superb. The car is almost a year old and has never had a single problem nor been back to the dealership. To quote Lee Iacocca "if you can find a better car buy it!"

Great Car!
By J. Gray on 07/01/07 08:33 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car after owning other luxury cars. It outranks the others by far. The handling and solid ride speaks volumes. The downside is it is so smooth on the open road, you have to watch the speed - it is moving faster than it feels. Quality and handling along with style. One small issue is that the cup holder needs to be re-designed, it's not in a good place. I am totally sold, all my cars in the future will be BMW.

Remarkable Car
By Peter on 05/22/07 03:34 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 9th BMW and I am pleased that BMWs have not lost their edge. Great handling, adequate power (I miss the torque from the MB E500 I had), very good build quality. The car is a roomy 4 door sports car. The 255 BHP 6 is good but torque is a little low and you tend to be aware that the 6 speed auto is being used rather a lot. I get a little hesitation when I make a sudden demand for acceleration which can be a little disconcerting. Sports package worth the money for the contour seats alone. They are the most comfortable seats in the business. Fuel economy is excellent. Superb car worthy of the BMW name. Just annoyed that BMW introduced the 300 BHP engine just after I purchased my car.

Automotive piece of art!!
By jdo4394 on 04/12/07 10:26 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My 2007 530xi is the most beautiful car I have ever owned, the fit and finish is excellent, the interior is clean, roomy and above all it's comfortable. The nav system is great, logic 7 sound system is crisp and clear, auto trans is very smooth. Car is loaded with just about everything. Can no longer see myself ever driving any other car ever again.

Smooth
By dano on 04/12/07 09:18 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Its been over 12 years since my last bimmer. There's lots of new technology, but most importantly the fun-to-drive factor is still there. Adequate power from the 215hp, very comfortable ride, solid feeling car. Only two disappointments are the Nav and interior storage. Severely outdated and lacking basic function of search-by-name. Who decided to leave this out? Interior storage is minimal. Space in center armrest is laughable. Those gripes aside this is a great car.

Family Sedan Muscle Car!!
By illinimax on 04/10/07 21:24 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

After driving everything in the luxury sedan market in the $45-65K range this car won me over. Unlike the Lexus GS 350, this car has a real trunk, way more fun to drive than anything in its price range. The hushed cabin at high speed puts Lexus and Infinti to shame combined with incredible handling. Don't pass up the chance to try one of these cars. Thumbs way up!

Living the dream
By btg on 04/08/07 06:29 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a dream come true. Living in New England, I was starting to accept the idea that I would have to drive an SUV. This car saved me! I love driving it, and for the first time ever, I can't wait for the next snow storm! I was considering the Lexus 350 AWD... NO COMPARISON! If you drive this car, you will fall in love. Period.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.