2007 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
My first BMW
By SC Guy on 01/08/08 17:11 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the first BMW that I've owned. My most recent cars were Jaguar and Infinity. Overall, I am pleased with my choice. The styling and handling are excellent.

What took me so long
By Pacific NW Driver on 11/02/07 14:46 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my first BMW (530i w/Sport Package and navigation) one month ago to get style plus sporty performance. Had driven Nissan Maximas for prior 12+ years. This car has delivered as I'm inventing reasons to take the long way home. Went on a 300+ mile trip and it was extremely comfortable. Interior build quality, mechanical and electronic performance is very solid. The sport package with 18" low profile tires is a must as it really sets off the look and you get added handling.

Like it after a year, minor issues
By ttroglio on 10/07/07 12:39 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall the car is great. This was our first BMW. Nice looks, nice interior comforts. Very nice leather. My only complaint so far is with the brakes. An annoying squeak develops when the front brakes get the slightest amount of dust on them. I did not expect this from a $50K car. Also, when I have the steering wheel and seat in a position I like, I cannot see the upper portion of the speedometer We are happy with the car. The ride is amazing. At high speeds in the rain it handles very well. Recently got a road force balance on the tires and that made the ride much better We purchased the car in black. I would not own another in black. Hard to keep clean.

Outstanding ride
By frank Muschetto on 08/16/07 18:37 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Probably the finest car I have ever owned. Fun to drive, great engineering and outstanding performance. Highly recommend to anyone.

2007 550i Outstanding Car
By George on 07/24/07 10:23 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Over the years I've owned many BMW products; 7s, 5s, X5s, 2002 and on and on. None of them can match this particular car; it is truly incredible. At first I was not sure about the "Bangle" styling but I have to admit that as the car has aged it has really grown on me and I now love the styling. It will run with a Porsche 911 without problem, and on a cruise from Florida to Michigan it was superb. The car is almost a year old and has never had a single problem nor been back to the dealership. To quote Lee Iacocca "if you can find a better car buy it!"

Great Car!
By J. Gray on 07/01/07 08:33 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car after owning other luxury cars. It outranks the others by far. The handling and solid ride speaks volumes. The downside is it is so smooth on the open road, you have to watch the speed - it is moving faster than it feels. Quality and handling along with style. One small issue is that the cup holder needs to be re-designed, it's not in a good place. I am totally sold, all my cars in the future will be BMW.

Recent Convert to BMW
By JP on 06/06/07 14:41 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm a long term Audi owner (have had six), who decided to look around when they dropped the free maintenance. I test drove the new Audi A6 wagon and the BMW 530xiT. The BMW did just about everything better than the Audi and the monthly lease rate was better. The choice was a no-brainer! The 530xiT ride and handling are first rate, as is the build quality. The engine is exceptionaly smooth but could use a bit more low end torque. Winter performance, especially with snow tires, is exceptional. The iDrive is not as scary as expected but could be better. I like my BMW so much that we replaced my wife's Audi with a BMW 530xiT too!

Remarkable Car
By Peter on 05/22/07 03:34 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 9th BMW and I am pleased that BMWs have not lost their edge. Great handling, adequate power (I miss the torque from the MB E500 I had), very good build quality. The car is a roomy 4 door sports car. The 255 BHP 6 is good but torque is a little low and you tend to be aware that the 6 speed auto is being used rather a lot. I get a little hesitation when I make a sudden demand for acceleration which can be a little disconcerting. Sports package worth the money for the contour seats alone. They are the most comfortable seats in the business. Fuel economy is excellent. Superb car worthy of the BMW name. Just annoyed that BMW introduced the 300 BHP engine just after I purchased my car.

Not a good experience
By Disappointed on 05/14/07 19:27 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

One of best purchase experiences of many cars over 40 years of driving. Car has its problems, mostly electrical. Especially iDrive is a bad idea. Poor execution. Driver's seat adjusts forward and up on its own. Screen display blanks, iDrive inoperable, no GPS, no radio, no access to system functions or warnings. Reprogrammed multiple times, reverts to same problems in short time. Electronic key replaced 3 times in attempts to cure Comfort Access issue. Nothing.

Automotive piece of art!!
By jdo4394 on 04/12/07 10:26 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My 2007 530xi is the most beautiful car I have ever owned, the fit and finish is excellent, the interior is clean, roomy and above all it's comfortable. The nav system is great, logic 7 sound system is crisp and clear, auto trans is very smooth. Car is loaded with just about everything. Can no longer see myself ever driving any other car ever again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.