Used 2007 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

So for so good
By vicanam

2007 BMW 5 Series 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my first CPO with low mileage nearly six months ago. The 5-series is perfect size for a family of 4; 2 are in the teens. Added feature is the AWD for Northeast winters. The car performance is excellent: eager; firm; predictable. Braking reliability is phenomenon. The look and feel of the car is wonderful. Now, for the improvement needs: several controls need easier access/feedback to driver: door lock, steering heater, lights, climate controls, ... ashtrays and cup holders are everywhere, but lack of room for sun glass, cellphones. Overall control panel, dashboard: their layouts and lightnings are unimpressive. Radio/CD and sound systems are below average.

Eh - take it or leave it
By Brad

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very jerky in 1st gear. NO storage, idrive is wacky. At 6' 3" I should have purchased the 7 series. I don't actually know what all the fuss is about. Great brakes though!

Look, cornering and stereo.

Needs storage, arm slips off door handle when driving. Cabin seems tight.

First BMW
By MAM

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up a low mileage CPO, well equipped plus it has manual trans. Only have had it a week but.... Wow... This might be the perfect car. It does everything well. Not super fast off the line but quick enough and it can go from cruising to autobahn speeds in a flash. Very comfortable and I am 6'6" (comfort seats help). Nav system is weak compared to my Garmin but am still figuring it out. Logic 7 sound system is excellent and I have not played with the equalizer yet.

Handling, road feel and smoothness of the power and ride. 6 Speed Manual. 20 way adjustable seats. Sound System. I-Drive yes I Drive. Still figuring out the intricacies but putting the time in pays off. Decent gas mileage so far.

Nav System - make it as intuitive and accurate as my Garmin. Although it could improve once I get use to it.

BMW for life
By Correy

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought my 2nd BMW, first 5 series. Was planning on sticking with the 3 series coupe, but after testing a 5 series, was sold. Love it. Love the Service texts that the iDrive provides, love the MP3 capability, love the fact that for just a bit more for a payment and everything is covered for the next 100,000 mi. or 6 years. Living in Mn, the xi was an option I could not do without and was thrilled after making the purchase to find the "REST" button, (keeping the car warm when it's shut off). Immaculately beautiful, inside and out. That being said, two small gripes that everyone else had already said: storage -not so great and gas mileage. But I drive fast and knew what I was getting into.

iDrive, Navigation, the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in, heated front AND rear seats AND steering wheel (a must in MN), REST, the style. EVERYTHING!

The center console storage, which to me is not a biggie, and one other thing: the custom BMW rims. Hate them.

Ridiculously Fun
By W. A

2007 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I just purchase my first BMW (2007 550i) I test drove the 528 and did not like the lack of power. The 550i is a BEAST and is a dream to drive, I can't stay home, I take the longest way home and the acceleration is orgasmic. I will never drive another car other than a BMW. Worth every penny. Not sure what my gas mileage will be yet, but so far not bad for a V8 engine.

Bluetooth, iDrive, the stylish design, sport package, the V8 360hp. Premium sound and navigation.

Like everyone else, there is a lack of storage space. Otherwise hard to find fault with this vehicle.

• SUV