Used 2007 BMW 5 Series 525i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Bmw 5-series - Consumer Reviews

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Great car even with no options
By George

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the first BMW I have bought. The car looks and rides better then any of the other cars I have owned (12) over the past 25 years. It may be a little high for most budgets but you will not be disapointed. Worth every penny. I only got Aust and had to have the navigation. The car is packed with features without spending tons on options. Completely satisfied with the performance on the basic 215 HP 525i.

Favorite Features

Navigation, Bluetooth, iDrive, body style, interior look, tight ride and solid feel.

Suggested Improvements

Little more storage space and better design for the 2 flimsy cup holders.

Excellent car
By tom Johnston

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. The iDrive is not that hard to use. It has nothing to do with the drive or handling. The 525 has enough power for all every day around town duties. On the road it is a dream, 30 MPG last trip!

Favorite Features

Handling, and interior comfort. I love the look and the fit and finish are excellent.

Suggested Improvements

Better floor mats.

Love this car
By JW

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is amazing, which, for the price, it should be. It is however living up to every expectation. I don't know how I ever drove anything else

Favorite Features

IDrive is complicated at first, but easy to learn. I love the bluetooth capability for the phone and the how solid the car feels when your driving it. The interior may not be as "welcoming" as other vehicles, but I think BMW did a great job combining functionality with appearance

Suggested Improvements

No storage! The center console could have been hollowed out, instead they put a useless storage bin. There are no sunglass holders and no compartments in the dash!!

The best BMW yet
By Michelle

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th BMW and I have never been disappointed. It wasn't until the new '07 525 that I was actually blown away. It is light years ahead of my old 528. All the new electronics (voice activation, navigation, iDrive, iPod, bluetooth) are worth every penny especially if you use your car as your mobile office.

Favorite Features

Electronics

Suggested Improvements

Trunk line is a little boxy

First BMW
By beez nutz

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first BMW, the car just feels a lot more solid than any other vehicle I have ever owned... lexus nissan z acura Honda VW Jeep. It seems as though a lot of attention was paid to the driver when they designed the 5. My only complaint is the lack of power in the 525i. I guess it's my own fault for getting the 525 instead of the 530 or 545

Favorite Features

Exterior styling and plush/functional interior.

Suggested Improvements

We need a little motor even for the 525 passing accelerations is poor. I owned a z before so i guess my point of view might be skewed.