2007 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Love This Car
By Glen D on 11/21/08 00:13 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2007 530i new 2 years ago; I traded my 2004 530i in when I reached 45K miles. I have not been disappointed with either of these cars! The handling, comfort and power are great. I test drove a 2004 525 when I was first looking because the dealer had one with the Sport Package but I chose the larger engine and didn't regret my choice. The 50K no charge warranty is great but honestly, the dealer makes things up so they can fix my car, e.g., change the wiper blades, etc; I have not had any real issues with my cars.

Love This Car
By Love This Car on 10/27/08 19:53 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought this car about two weeks ago and I love it. Just a beautiful car. Drove Hondas and Toyotas before and no comparison. I can see why people stay with BMW. The car just feels well put together. It feels solid on the road. I got the sport package and I like the wheels and seats that come with it. Great handling and acceleration although there is a little lag when you punch it which probably wouldn't be an issue with the V8. Fuel economy, however, is very good for this type of car.

Awesome Car
By Jean on 08/06/08 13:24 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car last year, so far it has only been back to the dealer for the free maintenance. I live in snowy Canada so a car that handles well in snowy weather is important, this car was absolutely exceptional last year. Performance, balance and handling are superb. The xi add on is well worth it. Last winter was a very heavy snowfall winter and I drove the car without snows, it drove like it was on rails, some of the roads were unplowed, slippery, and the car handled it without a problem, it gives you a great feeling of safety and it has not let me down yet.

Best I've owned
By Michael Flatow on 08/06/08 08:50 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 5 other BMWs including a 7 series. This is the best one I have had from an all around driving experience. The 6 cylinder has outstanding acceleration, not much different from the 550 I test drove. Gas economy is amazing for this kind of car. Handling is fantastic and overall ride is close to perfect. I convinced my 82 year old dad to buy one and he now feels the same way

Still Thrills
By pjl275 on 07/27/08 19:11 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When you drive this BMW, you know that a great deal of effort went into every facet of the automobile. The way each sound the reaches your ears and the car reacts to bumps and especially the way it drives down the road. I've had this car for about 18 months and 16,000 miles. Each mile is a pleasure, and every drive is too short. X-drive is great in snow and rain, i-drive is still revealing new functions but works well for me, but the standard radio is just ok. Standard seats are comfortable for hours on end. Highway driving is smooth and quiet, very easy to cruise at high speeds. I've leased this car and really do not want to ever give it back. Just do it, you only live once.

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By dinan530i on 07/01/08 01:40 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Definitely the best vehicle I have ever owned. I used to drive Hondas and Toyotas but owning a 5 series really opened my eyes to the reasons that make so many people want to keep buying these even with a hefty price tag.

Outstanding!
By dallencat on 05/31/08 12:38 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Outstanding vehicle. Fun to drive and great fuel mileage. Only gripes are the cup holder and ability to see front and back of the car in tight areas. Kudos BMW!

2007 BMW 525xi
By Louis Lerebours on 05/27/08 18:26 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is unique and I cannot describe how you feel when you drive it. You must own one and drive it on a regular basis to understand.

Our first BMW is now totaled
By ttroglio on 05/22/08 17:29 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Sadly our first BMW only went 20K before being involved in a driver's front end collision last week. Damage was so severe the car was totaled. It did its job however as the front, door and side curtain air bags all deployed and kept the wife protected with no major issues. BMW Assist was calling the car within seconds of the accident as well as calling the police. Overall it was a well built car and we had no major problems with it. The brake issue I mentioned in my previous posting never returned. We are now looking at an 08 528i or 535i with the turbo. The 07 held its value fairly well. In the 18 months we owned the car the value dropped 28%

Great Car
By Mr Poohbear on 05/16/08 09:47 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best car I have owned. The car is very comfortable. Good space. Runs very smooth. Quick acceleration. Good quality materials. I would recommend this car to anyone. It's worth it in the long run. I actually like the iDrive. I haven't had any problems getting it to work. This car is hot!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.