Used 2007 BMW 5 Series 525i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Lots of Features - Love this car
By AHGuest

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is really a great car. It has so many features - even after having it for a couple of months, I'm still finding new features all the time. I just found that there are 2 compartments in the arm-rest. I've been told the lower compartment is to keep drinks cool. This car drives great, is very comfortable and smooth, and with all it's function, it looks great too. I've driven a 3 series before but with 2 kids and car seats, the 5 series is definitely the right size.

Favorite Features

Sun roof, Idrive console, bluetooth, auto-sensor wipers, controls on the steering wheel are great, aux input to play music from Iphone, roomy trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Climate control should be buttons and not controlled through the menu. Right and left turn switch has 2 settings (1 that blinks 3 times and the other that keeps blinking until you make your turn) - I've found this feature hard to get used to and would rather it was just one setting like other cars.

Outstanding!
By dallencat

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Outstanding vehicle. Fun to drive and great fuel mileage. Only gripes are the cup holder and ability to see front and back of the car in tight areas. Kudos BMW!

Favorite Features

Xenon headlights; Sirius radio.

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holders!

Our first BMW is now totaled
By ttroglio

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Sadly our first BMW only went 20K before being involved in a driver's front end collision last week. Damage was so severe the car was totaled. It did its job however as the front, door and side curtain air bags all deployed and kept the wife protected with no major issues. BMW Assist was calling the car within seconds of the accident as well as calling the police. Overall it was a well built car and we had no major problems with it. The brake issue I mentioned in my previous posting never returned. We are now looking at an 08 528i or 535i with the turbo. The 07 held its value fairly well. In the 18 months we owned the car the value dropped 28%

Favorite Features

See my previous review of car.

Suggested Improvements

None to speak of.

My first BMW
By SC Guy

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the first BMW that I've owned. My most recent cars were Jaguar and Infinity. Overall, I am pleased with my choice. The styling and handling are excellent.

Favorite Features

Love those $800 headlights, lol. Also, I love the envious stares I get from the younger guys at the stop lights. The heated seats are wonderful (bottom and backrest).

Suggested Improvements

The iDrive is fairly easy to learn, but it is too much overkill just to change the climate from AC to heat. Whatever happened to knobs? Sometimes the sound system does not come on in my car when it has been parked. They only way to get it back on is to restart the engine. Interior storage is a joke.

Like it after a year, minor issues
By ttroglio

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall the car is great. This was our first BMW. Nice looks, nice interior comforts. Very nice leather. My only complaint so far is with the brakes. An annoying squeak develops when the front brakes get the slightest amount of dust on them. I did not expect this from a $50K car. Also, when I have the steering wheel and seat in a position I like, I cannot see the upper portion of the speedometer We are happy with the car. The ride is amazing. At high speeds in the rain it handles very well. Recently got a road force balance on the tires and that made the ride much better We purchased the car in black. I would not own another in black. Hard to keep clean.

Favorite Features

Leather interior. Sleek looks. Good visibility out all windows. I especially like the 6 speed steptronic and use it all the time. Wife opts for normal automatic tranny mode.

Suggested Improvements

Run flat tires are expensive and BMW recommends not repairing them. Got a nail in tire after 8K miles and they said tire had to be replaced to the tune of $400. Found local Goodyear store that did the repair. Brake issue needs to be addressed.