2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Truely An Ultimate Driving Machine!
By Ruben on 02/17/07 22:21 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I bought my 550i just a few weeks ago, and what an incredible ride that car, let me tell you. Not only is it POWERFUL, putting you back in your seat, but it stops on a dime. Having a "racing" background I can tell you that you need to get the 5 series for its handling and power delivery. Everything else, just about is a plus. The monster power in the 550i is invigorating! Have fun! Please just make sure that the Homelink garage door opener works before you drive it off the dealer. Mine needed to be changed 3 days later.

Comfort, performance, & style
By m wong on 10/14/06 14:53 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

My 550I is fun to drive, especially on the open road. Gas mileage in city driving is on the low side, freeway driving is excellent. Vehicle comfort and handling is excellent. Performance is excellent. The "heads up" display needs improvement (my 2001 Corvette's C5, heads up display is by far superior). Styling...always gets head turning!

Impressive
By Ron W. on 09/03/06 15:46 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Exceeds my expectations! I do a lot of highway driving. Averaging over 29 MPG with about 20 on the local roads. This car is not only fast but comfortable as well. I focused on getting the colors I wanted (Monoco Blue and beige interior). I did not want nor bought all the extras; just the winter package and navigation. This car can zoom when I need the speed to pass. Cruising is awesome with navigation and the standard sound system which is excellent. The dealer did a great job on the pre-sale and delivery and what's wrong with 4 years of free maintenance.

A lot of money for a lot of car
By Freddy on 08/28/06 10:05 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I just bought the 550i after looking around for a few months. I wanted the performance but I was concerned about the fuel economy. If you can believe the gauge on the car, I am getting 28.6 MPG on the highway. It is only rated at 25, so that is excellent. When I fill it up again I will verify that number. This car is a pleasure to drive. It's quick, quiet, and comfortable. Sport package not necessary. Automatic is best for most. There is a 1300 dollar gas guzzler tax on the stick shift.

Awesome. A kick to drive every day.
By Pebble Beach cruzin on 08/26/06 09:50 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

The car is smooth as silk at idle, has a muscular power curve. It has power from the word go and handles like a dream, the AC works far superior than BMW units have in the past. The sport package is a must, the front seats are a dream. The iPod (aux input) adapter works great. Gets 25 mpg on the highway. It feels and drives like a sports car, there are still no substitutions for a BMW.

2007 550i evaluation
By robert nicolais on 08/18/06 17:27 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Car is as described. It is a driver's car with power, performance and luxury amenities. It is more than I expected.

Ultimate Sport Sedan
By David on 08/12/06 11:31 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Awesome power and ride with the sport package option suspension and Dunlop run flat tires. Very smooth even on rough roads. Comfort seats are amazing! Premium sound is a must due to amazing logic 7 system. No problems at all, nothing to even adjust. The iDrive is no problem once you get used to it.

Best Ever
By Walter Cho on 07/24/06 20:56 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This is by far the best BMW I have ever owned. This is my seventh BMW ranging from 94 750il 95' 325is. 97 M3 99 540i 02 Z4 and 04 745li. This car's performance matches many sports cars.

Love My 550i
By BMW_Makes_Me_Smile on 07/22/06 14:54 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Incredible automobile! The 4.8 liter has smooth power delivery, automatic transmission is good match. Great for commuting, canyon carving, and street races. A real sleeper, can out accelerate nearly any vehicle on the road, and do it with style, while carrying several passengers. Luxury features are fantastic, iDrive very convenient once mastered. Navigation system is excellent. Logic7 sound system is incredible. 20-way seats are extraordinary. This is a real drivers car, 525 and 530 do not even compare. The 550i in different league, very much worth the 20k premium. 0-60 mph in 5 seconds and the quarter mile in 13 seconds, encapsulated in a very luxurious cabinÂ… the only way to travel.

My first foreign vehicle
By Craig Graff on 06/03/06 16:31 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

After owning only American vehicles since 16 - I made my first move to a foreign car after I fell in love with the new BMW 5 series styling - Everyone that views the car seems to feel the same. I think the 550 i with the larger tires just finishes off the car as I would desire it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.