2007 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Love My 550i
By BMW_Makes_Me_Smile on 07/22/06 14:54 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Incredible automobile! The 4.8 liter has smooth power delivery, automatic transmission is good match. Great for commuting, canyon carving, and street races. A real sleeper, can out accelerate nearly any vehicle on the road, and do it with style, while carrying several passengers. Luxury features are fantastic, iDrive very convenient once mastered. Navigation system is excellent. Logic7 sound system is incredible. 20-way seats are extraordinary. This is a real drivers car, 525 and 530 do not even compare. The 550i in different league, very much worth the 20k premium. 0-60 mph in 5 seconds and the quarter mile in 13 seconds, encapsulated in a very luxurious cabin… the only way to travel.

2nd beemer
By camco on 07/13/06 21:14 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I got my 1st BMW as a birthday gift 10 years ago. I LOVED it and didn't want to part with it. My husband said that I was long overdue for a new car... test drove a few others... loved the 525xi. My child was 3 weeks old when I was in a head on collision with my old BMW and he slept through it! Now I need a little more room and the same safety features... this car has it. I NEVER thought I would leave an American car but BMW is amazing. With these cars, you only have to get a new one once every 10 years! ENJOY! PS my husband has had two 7 series and two X5. We are converts to BMW!!

Ultimate Driving Machine
By Rory on 07/06/06 07:13 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

IDrive not as bad as many people think. With the option to set the buttons on steering to your specific feature is great. Otherwise, there is no reason to play around with the iDrive while driving.

Outstanding Sport Sedan
By Wrinkledoc on 06/29/06 08:28 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

BMW has created an outstanding sport sedan. The combination of luxury and driving dynamics are hard to beat. We purchased this vehicle as a sport sedan alternative to an SUV for getting from the Bay Area up to Tahoe. So far we love the vehicle. We have no knocks in iDrive. If you have used a computer mouse you should have no problem.

What a fun car
By Bob's BMW on 06/28/06 09:49 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car lives up to its title "Ultimate Driving Machine" Fun to drive plenty of power and highly accurate steering. The interior ride and comfort is second to none. The navigation system and radio are a dream because of their ease of use. I would highly recommend this car.

Just Traded a 2004 530i for a 2007
By hoganzdad on 06/07/06 12:50 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just traded an '04 530i (SP, PP, Auto, Titanium Gray/Gray, clear hood bra) for an '07 530i (SP, PP, Auto, Rear Sunshades, Logic7 stereo, Monaco Blue/Beige, clear hood bra). I continue to love the exterior design. The extra hp in the 2007 is noticeable. The stereo upgrade was worth it. The rear sunshades are a real nice, classy touch. The Monaco Blue is a deep rich blue. The Bridgestone run-flats in the 2007 are a MAJOR improvement over the Dunlop run-flats in the 2004. Did not get active steering on the 2007 - more turns of the wheel but better feel for the road. Still getting used to the comfort seats (standard on 2007 SP) but I think I will like them better than sport seats on 2004.

BMW Sport Wagon
By Jello on 06/07/06 11:54 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Well balanced and fun to drive. I bought a US spec car in Europe at the Military discount. Very well equipped for the price. Tons of gadgets, too many for my wife. Drives better than the MB it replaced.

My first foreign vehicle
By Craig Graff on 06/03/06 16:31 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

After owning only American vehicles since 16 - I made my first move to a foreign car after I fell in love with the new BMW 5 series styling - Everyone that views the car seems to feel the same. I think the 550 i with the larger tires just finishes off the car as I would desire it.

2007 525i-Great Car to Drive!!
By Robert on 05/29/06 08:37 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We have enjoyed this car so far. We DO love the iDrive. Has awesome programmable features. Very well built car and is very good fit and finish. Car is ok on room but wish the back seats had a little more room. The 745i had better room but it was a lot more expensive. We looked at Audi, mercedes, Lexus, and Infinity. My wife fell in love with the overall feel of the car versus the others. The drive is very solid and is very tight to drive. Free maint was a plus.

Sport Wagon
By new car on 05/28/06 01:01 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

To me, this is a big car - just as long and heavy as our full sized mini-van. Drives very well and easy around town. I live in Europe (US spec) so tons of fun on autobahn. Easy driving at 130mph with (sleeping) wife and two kids. Night vision is a hoot, but we'll see how useful it is. Owners manual is a tome, but worth the read, esp the voice command section. Once set up iDrive is no issue; though my wife has yet to tackle it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.