Used 2007 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Smooth
By dano

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Its been over 12 years since my last bimmer. There's lots of new technology, but most importantly the fun-to-drive factor is still there. Adequate power from the 215hp, very comfortable ride, solid feeling car. Only two disappointments are the Nav and interior storage. Severely outdated and lacking basic function of search-by-name. Who decided to leave this out? Interior storage is minimal. Space in center armrest is laughable. Those gripes aside this is a great car.

Driving it.

Nav needs updating. Increase interior storage space.

Family Sedan Muscle Car!!
By illinimax

2007 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

After driving everything in the luxury sedan market in the $45-65K range this car won me over. Unlike the Lexus GS 350, this car has a real trunk, way more fun to drive than anything in its price range. The hushed cabin at high speed puts Lexus and Infinti to shame combined with incredible handling. Don't pass up the chance to try one of these cars. Thumbs way up!

I can drive the muscle car I never had in high school in the perfect family sedan package.

None.

Living the dream
By btg

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a dream come true. Living in New England, I was starting to accept the idea that I would have to drive an SUV. This car saved me! I love driving it, and for the first time ever, I can't wait for the next snow storm! I was considering the Lexus 350 AWD... NO COMPARISON! If you drive this car, you will fall in love. Period.

Power, power, power. German engineering. The car FEELS unbelievable. The iDrive is actually quite nice, and the traffic information has saved me time already (only had the car a couple of weeks)! Was considering the premium sound, but you don't need it. The standard audio system is fantastic.

Cup holders make me feel like I'm in a chevy. Otherwise, none.

The Ultimate Driving Machine!
By Tommy Tomsan

2007 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

After 16 years of owning BMWs, bought an 03 MB SL500, drove it for 2 months, traded it in for my 2007 550i. No comparison, yes different car, but the 550i truly outperformed in all areas. Let's start with peace of mind with BMW's bumper to bumper warranty, smooth transmission, more than ample power (367 hp!!), luxurious interior & amenities, iDrive is not bad once you get use to it, bluetooth, nav display is wide & split screen for other features, tons of improvement from prior models, too much to list, running out of space. It's the "Ultimate Driving Machine" and nothing in its class compares!

Too many to list: keyfob, widescreen nav diplay, POWER & handling, smooth trans, ergonomic diplays, sound system, huge trunck space, sports package, zenon, power seats with low and mid lumbar, comfortable neck rest, solid and hight quality construction, and horse POWER. Oh, I already mentioned that!

Double sunroof would be awesome. Can't think of anything else.

Very, very nice
By Ryan

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I leased a 530, when the 335 felt surprisingly small. The ride of the car is great, and the quality of materials used in the cabin are great. I really wanted the hi-fi audio, but could not find a car with it. I can see why, as the "stock" system is great, far exceeding my expectations. the 3.0L engine is very capable, and handles all speeds very well.

Overall ride is smooth, satellite radio is nice, sound system is great, comfort access is nice.

Car should lock automatically after egress with comfort access. Nav screen could be bigger (full screen option), multi cd should be standard. While iDrive is not quite as bad as I expected it could be easier (touchscreen maybe?).