Used 2007 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 5 Series

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Great Car!
By J. Gray

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car after owning other luxury cars. It outranks the others by far. The handling and solid ride speaks volumes. The downside is it is so smooth on the open road, you have to watch the speed - it is moving faster than it feels. Quality and handling along with style. One small issue is that the cup holder needs to be re-designed, it's not in a good place. I am totally sold, all my cars in the future will be BMW.

Favorite Features

Handling and luxury ride.

Suggested Improvements

Move the cup holder and add an additional lighter/jack for iPods.

Recent Convert to BMW
By JP

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm a long term Audi owner (have had six), who decided to look around when they dropped the free maintenance. I test drove the new Audi A6 wagon and the BMW 530xiT. The BMW did just about everything better than the Audi and the monthly lease rate was better. The choice was a no-brainer! The 530xiT ride and handling are first rate, as is the build quality. The engine is exceptionaly smooth but could use a bit more low end torque. Winter performance, especially with snow tires, is exceptional. The iDrive is not as scary as expected but could be better. I like my BMW so much that we replaced my wife's Audi with a BMW 530xiT too!

Favorite Features

Ride and handling. Front seat comfort. Fuel economy is excellent at 27 mpg average.

Suggested Improvements

More engine torque but I understand that this has been fixed in the 2008s. Standard audio system could be better.

Remarkable Car
By Peter

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 9th BMW and I am pleased that BMWs have not lost their edge. Great handling, adequate power (I miss the torque from the MB E500 I had), very good build quality. The car is a roomy 4 door sports car. The 255 BHP 6 is good but torque is a little low and you tend to be aware that the 6 speed auto is being used rather a lot. I get a little hesitation when I make a sudden demand for acceleration which can be a little disconcerting. Sports package worth the money for the contour seats alone. They are the most comfortable seats in the business. Fuel economy is excellent. Superb car worthy of the BMW name. Just annoyed that BMW introduced the 300 BHP engine just after I purchased my car.

Favorite Features

Handling, build quality, seats, space, iDrive (no, I do not have any issues with it - I like the way it gets rid of all those buttons that clutter the car dashboard!!), fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Black upholstery marks easily, textured materials in cabin mark easily, poor quality trunk lid liner material, folding rear seats do not fold flat, nav system way too expensive (should be standard in this level of vehicle).

Not a good experience
By Disappointed

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

One of best purchase experiences of many cars over 40 years of driving. Car has its problems, mostly electrical. Especially iDrive is a bad idea. Poor execution. Driver's seat adjusts forward and up on its own. Screen display blanks, iDrive inoperable, no GPS, no radio, no access to system functions or warnings. Reprogrammed multiple times, reverts to same problems in short time. Electronic key replaced 3 times in attempts to cure Comfort Access issue. Nothing.

Favorite Features

Versatility of wagon. Mileage good. Driving position.

Automotive piece of art!!
By jdo4394

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My 2007 530xi is the most beautiful car I have ever owned, the fit and finish is excellent, the interior is clean, roomy and above all it's comfortable. The nav system is great, logic 7 sound system is crisp and clear, auto trans is very smooth. Car is loaded with just about everything. Can no longer see myself ever driving any other car ever again.

Favorite Features

blue tooth, back up assist, nav., color black saf. The smooth ride, the performance, the whole look of the car.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk could be easer to open with key button. Nice to have all weather mats as standard. Temp gauge and dip stick.