Used 2007 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews - 116 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 5 Series

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Outstanding ride
By frank Muschetto

2007 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Probably the finest car I have ever owned. Fun to drive, great engineering and outstanding performance. Highly recommend to anyone.

2007 550i Outstanding Car
By George

2007 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Over the years I've owned many BMW products; 7s, 5s, X5s, 2002 and on and on. None of them can match this particular car; it is truly incredible. At first I was not sure about the "Bangle" styling but I have to admit that as the car has aged it has really grown on me and I now love the styling. It will run with a Porsche 911 without problem, and on a cruise from Florida to Michigan it was superb. The car is almost a year old and has never had a single problem nor been back to the dealership. To quote Lee Iacocca "if you can find a better car buy it!"

iDrive, Heads Up display, articulated sport seats, nav, engine, just about everything.

Would like to see the HUD display a few more items such as turn signal indicators and a few things like that.

Great Car!
By J. Gray

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car after owning other luxury cars. It outranks the others by far. The handling and solid ride speaks volumes. The downside is it is so smooth on the open road, you have to watch the speed - it is moving faster than it feels. Quality and handling along with style. One small issue is that the cup holder needs to be re-designed, it's not in a good place. I am totally sold, all my cars in the future will be BMW.

Handling and luxury ride.

Move the cup holder and add an additional lighter/jack for iPods.

Recent Convert to BMW
By JP

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm a long term Audi owner (have had six), who decided to look around when they dropped the free maintenance. I test drove the new Audi A6 wagon and the BMW 530xiT. The BMW did just about everything better than the Audi and the monthly lease rate was better. The choice was a no-brainer! The 530xiT ride and handling are first rate, as is the build quality. The engine is exceptionaly smooth but could use a bit more low end torque. Winter performance, especially with snow tires, is exceptional. The iDrive is not as scary as expected but could be better. I like my BMW so much that we replaced my wife's Audi with a BMW 530xiT too!

Ride and handling. Front seat comfort. Fuel economy is excellent at 27 mpg average.

More engine torque but I understand that this has been fixed in the 2008s. Standard audio system could be better.

Remarkable Car
By Peter

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 9th BMW and I am pleased that BMWs have not lost their edge. Great handling, adequate power (I miss the torque from the MB E500 I had), very good build quality. The car is a roomy 4 door sports car. The 255 BHP 6 is good but torque is a little low and you tend to be aware that the 6 speed auto is being used rather a lot. I get a little hesitation when I make a sudden demand for acceleration which can be a little disconcerting. Sports package worth the money for the contour seats alone. They are the most comfortable seats in the business. Fuel economy is excellent. Superb car worthy of the BMW name. Just annoyed that BMW introduced the 300 BHP engine just after I purchased my car.

Handling, build quality, seats, space, iDrive (no, I do not have any issues with it - I like the way it gets rid of all those buttons that clutter the car dashboard!!), fuel economy.

Black upholstery marks easily, textured materials in cabin mark easily, poor quality trunk lid liner material, folding rear seats do not fold flat, nav system way too expensive (should be standard in this level of vehicle).