2007 BMW 5 Series Wagon - Consumer Reviews

530xi 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual - (9 reviews )
Great Car
By rsochaj on 02/27/11 16:32 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Wagon 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the car special order from Germany with a 6 speed manual. The car has been exactly what I've been expecting, sporty, spacious and with all the luxury you expect with a BMW. The car has been exceptionally reliable with 60k miles without any mechanical or electrical issues. I only wish NA would have the choice for a M5 6 spd Wagon. I am quite sad to see the wagon discontinued when the GT model came to Canada. The car is a perfect family mover.

Recent Convert to BMW
By JP on 06/06/07 14:41 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Wagon 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm a long term Audi owner (have had six), who decided to look around when they dropped the free maintenance. I test drove the new Audi A6 wagon and the BMW 530xiT. The BMW did just about everything better than the Audi and the monthly lease rate was better. The choice was a no-brainer! The 530xiT ride and handling are first rate, as is the build quality. The engine is exceptionaly smooth but could use a bit more low end torque. Winter performance, especially with snow tires, is exceptional. The iDrive is not as scary as expected but could be better. I like my BMW so much that we replaced my wife's Audi with a BMW 530xiT too!

Not a good experience
By Disappointed on 05/14/07 19:27 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Wagon 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

One of best purchase experiences of many cars over 40 years of driving. Car has its problems, mostly electrical. Especially iDrive is a bad idea. Poor execution. Driver's seat adjusts forward and up on its own. Screen display blanks, iDrive inoperable, no GPS, no radio, no access to system functions or warnings. Reprogrammed multiple times, reverts to same problems in short time. Electronic key replaced 3 times in attempts to cure Comfort Access issue. Nothing.

Solid
By Leathery on 01/27/07 10:27 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Wagon 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car. You will not be disappointed. Solid handling, fun to drive, great stereo and I love the Sirius radio. A driver's car. What more could you ask for? Will definitely be a repeat customer. Take the plunge.

Great Car
By Military Buyer on 08/13/06 07:06 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Wagon 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought the car on military sales overseas, nice price with a 3k rebate (just under 53K fully optioned, no HUD/auto cruise but NVD, etc). No glitches, drives wonderfully.

BMW Sport Wagon
By Jello on 06/07/06 11:54 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Wagon 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Well balanced and fun to drive. I bought a US spec car in Europe at the Military discount. Very well equipped for the price. Tons of gadgets, too many for my wife. Drives better than the MB it replaced.

Sport Wagon
By new car on 05/28/06 01:01 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Wagon 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

To me, this is a big car - just as long and heavy as our full sized mini-van. Drives very well and easy around town. I live in Europe (US spec) so tons of fun on autobahn. Easy driving at 130mph with (sleeping) wife and two kids. Night vision is a hoot, but we'll see how useful it is. Owners manual is a tome, but worth the read, esp the voice command section. Once set up iDrive is no issue; though my wife has yet to tackle it.

Goodbye Lexus
By NJ530xi on 05/12/06 04:58 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Wagon 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was set to buy a Lexus GS 300 AWD until I drove the 530xi. It is a great, but expensive, car! Also drove the Audi A6, Infiniti M35AWD and Acura RL. The handling is superb and the attention to detail is appreciated. Long live iDrive - for me it is like using a mouse or joystick. No more fumbling for the correct button or the proper position on a touch screen! Should have listened to the owners' forums and ordered the Head Up Display.

530xi Wagon review
By Gino on 04/24/06 22:55 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Wagon 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The car is solid but the front seat is a bit deep and the back of your legs at the knee will touch the seat and forces you to slouch forward for clearance or inflate the lumbar support feature to move you forward and clear the behind the knee issues. You see, for a 5'7" adult like me and my wife is 5 foot even the rear seats are too deep and makes small adult legs float and not reach the carpet which makes your legs numb after awhile. But the car is solid handler so it washes out.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.