2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
550i-The Ultimate Driving Machine
By ck1246 on 03/10/14 11:59 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Bought the car used with 39k miles. It is a nicely refined German beast. Super fast and equally comfortable. But you must pay the cost to own such a machine. The 550i takes 8 1/2 quarts of full synthetic, which will run you around 110 bucks at the dealer. Breaks and tires are not cheap on the vehicle. I paid 800 bucks for the front two break pads/rotors. Had an electronic issue with the transmission at about 70k miles but the dealership covered it. If you are prepared to shell out money to maintain it, then I think you will enjoy this car. It is a dream to drive and the i-drive is easy to use although finicky at times. The dealership has been great and supply a new loaner free every time.

Sublime
By Tim on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Great car bought it from a friend who upgraded to the M5 with the SmG. Has all options except heads up display. She now misses her 550i and I love it. Acceleration is smooth but stupidly fast. Can do 120 and not even break a sweat. Fuel economy is around 17 for city, but 27 for highway doing 80. Impressive. Love the interior, 20 way comfort are great. Idrive is useful I think older people just get confused with new technology (I'm 24). Can be finicky at times however. The styling works for the car depending on the color. Mines black with tan interior so it looks understated and all business. Keep making excuses to go drive somewhere. Car is so much fun.

Great car if you're mentally prepared
By Paul on 09/02/10 23:38 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I got this as a CPO in June 2010 and waited until now to write a review so I can report any potential problems. Well, this is a great car if you're mentally prepared for BMW(error messages can appear at any time, rattles could come and go, etc). I was prepared for all this before I bought this fully loaded 550i CPO(sport, premium sound, navi, cold weather, convenience, etc ). Coming from a Lexus, my intro to BMW was driving the car with a completely dead battery from the dealer lot. After being stranded, changing the battery, receiving the money spent on battery and cab ride from the dealer, the car has been trouble free and I smile every second I drive it.

Great Car after 3 Years
By GD on 06/19/10 05:54 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd BMW 530i (I also purchased a 2004) bought brand new each time. I really appreciated the 50K/4 year warranty for everything. Not that I really ever had any major issues with my cars. I'm writing this because after 3 years, I still love my car and plan on keeping this one. I'm about to purchase another new one, a 2011 535i as well. If you like to drive, you can't beat the BMW. I have two teenagers and the chance of driving my 2007 530i is exciting for them.

Ridiculously Fun
By W. A on 10/12/09 15:15 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I just purchase my first BMW (2007 550i) I test drove the 528 and did not like the lack of power. The 550i is a BEAST and is a dream to drive, I can't stay home, I take the longest way home and the acceleration is orgasmic. I will never drive another car other than a BMW. Worth every penny. Not sure what my gas mileage will be yet, but so far not bad for a V8 engine.

Outstanding ride
By frank Muschetto on 08/16/07 18:37 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Probably the finest car I have ever owned. Fun to drive, great engineering and outstanding performance. Highly recommend to anyone.

2007 550i Outstanding Car
By George on 07/24/07 10:23 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Over the years I've owned many BMW products; 7s, 5s, X5s, 2002 and on and on. None of them can match this particular car; it is truly incredible. At first I was not sure about the "Bangle" styling but I have to admit that as the car has aged it has really grown on me and I now love the styling. It will run with a Porsche 911 without problem, and on a cruise from Florida to Michigan it was superb. The car is almost a year old and has never had a single problem nor been back to the dealership. To quote Lee Iacocca "if you can find a better car buy it!"

Family Sedan Muscle Car!!
By illinimax on 04/10/07 21:24 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

After driving everything in the luxury sedan market in the $45-65K range this car won me over. Unlike the Lexus GS 350, this car has a real trunk, way more fun to drive than anything in its price range. The hushed cabin at high speed puts Lexus and Infinti to shame combined with incredible handling. Don't pass up the chance to try one of these cars. Thumbs way up!

The Ultimate Driving Machine!
By Tommy Tomsan on 03/25/07 09:39 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

After 16 years of owning BMWs, bought an 03 MB SL500, drove it for 2 months, traded it in for my 2007 550i. No comparison, yes different car, but the 550i truly outperformed in all areas. Let's start with peace of mind with BMW's bumper to bumper warranty, smooth transmission, more than ample power (367 hp!!), luxurious interior & amenities, iDrive is not bad once you get use to it, bluetooth, nav display is wide & split screen for other features, tons of improvement from prior models, too much to list, running out of space. It's the "Ultimate Driving Machine" and nothing in its class compares!

Elegance & Power
By Peter Louca on 02/21/07 19:09 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

A drive in the 550i is an experience of quality, satisfaction and exclusivity. Superior handling and braking, comfortable and refined interior, run-flat tires. Harman Kardon Logic 7 system sports 13 speakers (including two subwoofers), surround sound simulation, Digital Sound Processing (DSP).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.