Used 2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Bmw 5-series - Consumer Reviews

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Exterior molding is of very low quality
By beemaman

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned my car for about three and a half years. I bought my 2007 530xi in the beginning of 2010 and it has been a great car. Handles great. Never stuck in snow. Pretty reliable till about two months ago. First I noticed that it takes about 3-4 seconds for it to start after pressing the 'start' button. In addition, the exterior of this car is built with very cheap quality materials. The BMW logo from the hood fell off (just the emblem, the silver part is still on the hood - the dealership said, that its 'normal' to fall off after 5 or so years) The Windshield molding on the front and the back have started to deteriorate to the point that water have started to seep thru a bit.

Favorite Features

This car handles corners great!

Suggested Improvements

BMW needs to have better quality finishing materials for windshield molding and the BMW emblem on the hood of the car. Cheaper cars seem to have more durable finishing than this car.

Fun to Drive! 2007 530XI (6speed manual)
By 5pack

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted a BMW for 20 years. I purchased my first BMW a year ago. It is a CPO. I bought the all inclusive warranty and the tire warranty. The car preformed great this past winter with the snow. I have absolutely no complaints. The handling is unbelievable. I am a person that uses the warranties. I have taken it twice for a service. I have also have had to put 2 tires on it. I highly recommend the tire warranty. One tire was for a pot hole, and the other is a nail. I am very satisfied with my purchase. I was extremely worried before hand, if someone feels the same way I do, then I recommend you go for it. Driving this car is about the joyment of driving, not getting from point A to B.

Favorite Features

My favorite features: manual, idrive system, ipod, and most of all the handling.

Suggested Improvements

I would like the seats to a little more softer. I came from top of the line luxury large suv. It is the only thing I liked better. The seats are still very nice.

Purchased Used 2007 BMW 530xi
By Randy

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased a 530xi (loaded) coming off a lease and absolutely love the car!!! Overall, I actually like the I-drive system, very intuitive and think that the people who complain about it are probably the same people who do not like computers or tech stuff in general. Love the detailing for both the interior and exterior, handles great, and very comfortable. Very rich looking. Love the interior ambient lighting at night, xenon are always a plus.

Favorite Features

I have the premium seats which are fantastic. Love the Steering and handling, nice punch.

Suggested Improvements

More compartments for storage. Needs some improvement on interior noise at highway speeds.

First BMW
By MAM

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up a low mileage CPO, well equipped plus it has manual trans. Only have had it a week but.... Wow... This might be the perfect car. It does everything well. Not super fast off the line but quick enough and it can go from cruising to autobahn speeds in a flash. Very comfortable and I am 6'6" (comfort seats help). Nav system is weak compared to my Garmin but am still figuring it out. Logic 7 sound system is excellent and I have not played with the equalizer yet.

Favorite Features

Handling, road feel and smoothness of the power and ride. 6 Speed Manual. 20 way adjustable seats. Sound System. I-Drive yes I Drive. Still figuring out the intricacies but putting the time in pays off. Decent gas mileage so far.

Suggested Improvements

Nav System - make it as intuitive and accurate as my Garmin. Although it could improve once I get use to it.

BMW for life
By Correy

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought my 2nd BMW, first 5 series. Was planning on sticking with the 3 series coupe, but after testing a 5 series, was sold. Love it. Love the Service texts that the iDrive provides, love the MP3 capability, love the fact that for just a bit more for a payment and everything is covered for the next 100,000 mi. or 6 years. Living in Mn, the xi was an option I could not do without and was thrilled after making the purchase to find the "REST" button, (keeping the car warm when it's shut off). Immaculately beautiful, inside and out. That being said, two small gripes that everyone else had already said: storage -not so great and gas mileage. But I drive fast and knew what I was getting into.

Favorite Features

iDrive, Navigation, the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in, heated front AND rear seats AND steering wheel (a must in MN), REST, the style. EVERYTHING!

Suggested Improvements

The center console storage, which to me is not a biggie, and one other thing: the custom BMW rims. Hate them.