Used 2007 BMW 5 Series 525xi Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

I lover my BMW
By nelson Martinez

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first German car and the moment I test drove this car i felt how the handling was so tight. On a open highway I feel free as a bird. Cold weather pkg makes this care a breeze to use on those cold days. Heated seats, steering wheel dual zones meant no fighting between me and my wife who is always cold no matter what type of weather it is in New York. I purchased this car as an early retirement gift but I keep getting in it despite own 2 other vehicles for commuter cars. All I can say over all this BMW is off the hook and a attention getter on the road or parked.

Favorite Features

iDrive system 7 speaker prologic stereo system interior lighting

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage is respectable but can be better

Drive It, You'll Understand
By Hoosier BMW

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the BMW one month. Have remainder of factory warranty and service. That is good. Had 03 525i. It was good,but this one is much better. Smoother, quicker, better build quality, higher quality interior. I -Drive is a bit of a pain but you get used to it. Dash is more modern. Cup holders better than 03.Handling is more effortless. Conti tires are fine.Driving on highway is a joy. MPG is 25 mixed.XI good for snow days. Radio is just ok. No satellite in this one.. a bummer. Roomier than in 03. Styling is ok. Monaco Blue/camel is a nice combo. Bought used with 34k..but feels good. All in all love the car, just drive one, you'll want one.

Favorite Features

smooth, handling, highway driving, xenon, universal remote, blue tooth, heated seats, all wheel drive. Brakes are fantastic, seats are comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Better paint finish. Some chipping, like all BMW's brake dust. Wheels get dirty, some pitting finish just ok. Radio just ok, no satellite in mine. Not wired. Extended warranty expensive. A bit worried on maintenance. We'll see. But love the drive.

I love this car
By pedro

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had more than 10 cars, the last 2 were infinti g35 and lexus IS 350, I am very please with the ride and handling, nice car, no compartment space at the front, but i get lost of compliments about the car. On snow days the car drive as a tank solid performance.

Favorite Features

the look and the drive, spacious, the sound.

Suggested Improvements

Lots of wind noise from the sunroof on the highway

So for so good
By vicanam

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my first CPO with low mileage nearly six months ago. The 5-series is perfect size for a family of 4; 2 are in the teens. Added feature is the AWD for Northeast winters. The car performance is excellent: eager; firm; predictable. Braking reliability is phenomenon. The look and feel of the car is wonderful. Now, for the improvement needs: several controls need easier access/feedback to driver: door lock, steering heater, lights, climate controls, ... ashtrays and cup holders are everywhere, but lack of room for sun glass, cellphones. Overall control panel, dashboard: their layouts and lightnings are unimpressive. Radio/CD and sound systems are below average.

525xi Cert Pre-Owned: Good Times
By 07 525xi CPO

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my Certified Pre-Owned with 18K miles. Mileage is only mentioned a few times in the reviews, so I thought I would confirm the reports of excellent mileage ... I'm getting 24.5 to 25.5 around the Wash DC beltway, about 70/30 highway/streets. I'm looking forward to a road trip to confirm the high highway reports. The comfort of the seats is also amazing.

Favorite Features

Handling, seats, sunroof, overall excellence -- a joy!

Suggested Improvements

Still trying to learn climate and radio control via I-drive -- I'd prefer traditional control of these functions.