Used 2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

unreliable POS
By terry

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

if you want an unreliable car this is for you. Timing chain snaps at 97k. Six months later stranded again cause the steering lock mechanism failed. Gotta tow that pos again. I've only been stranded twice in the last 17 years. Both times BMW, I'm going back to Japanese reliability and will never buy or recommend BMW.

Exterior molding is of very low quality
By beemaman

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned my car for about three and a half years. I bought my 2007 530xi in the beginning of 2010 and it has been a great car. Handles great. Never stuck in snow. Pretty reliable till about two months ago. First I noticed that it takes about 3-4 seconds for it to start after pressing the 'start' button. In addition, the exterior of this car is built with very cheap quality materials. The BMW logo from the hood fell off (just the emblem, the silver part is still on the hood - the dealership said, that its 'normal' to fall off after 5 or so years) The Windshield molding on the front and the back have started to deteriorate to the point that water have started to seep thru a bit.

This car handles corners great!

BMW needs to have better quality finishing materials for windshield molding and the BMW emblem on the hood of the car. Cheaper cars seem to have more durable finishing than this car.

Fun to Drive! 2007 530XI (6speed manual)
By 5pack

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted a BMW for 20 years. I purchased my first BMW a year ago. It is a CPO. I bought the all inclusive warranty and the tire warranty. The car preformed great this past winter with the snow. I have absolutely no complaints. The handling is unbelievable. I am a person that uses the warranties. I have taken it twice for a service. I have also have had to put 2 tires on it. I highly recommend the tire warranty. One tire was for a pot hole, and the other is a nail. I am very satisfied with my purchase. I was extremely worried before hand, if someone feels the same way I do, then I recommend you go for it. Driving this car is about the joyment of driving, not getting from point A to B.

My favorite features: manual, idrive system, ipod, and most of all the handling.

I would like the seats to a little more softer. I came from top of the line luxury large suv. It is the only thing I liked better. The seats are still very nice.

Purchased Used 2007 BMW 530xi
By Randy

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased a 530xi (loaded) coming off a lease and absolutely love the car!!! Overall, I actually like the I-drive system, very intuitive and think that the people who complain about it are probably the same people who do not like computers or tech stuff in general. Love the detailing for both the interior and exterior, handles great, and very comfortable. Very rich looking. Love the interior ambient lighting at night, xenon are always a plus.

I have the premium seats which are fantastic. Love the Steering and handling, nice punch.

More compartments for storage. Needs some improvement on interior noise at highway speeds.

First BMW
By MAM

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up a low mileage CPO, well equipped plus it has manual trans. Only have had it a week but.... Wow... This might be the perfect car. It does everything well. Not super fast off the line but quick enough and it can go from cruising to autobahn speeds in a flash. Very comfortable and I am 6'6" (comfort seats help). Nav system is weak compared to my Garmin but am still figuring it out. Logic 7 sound system is excellent and I have not played with the equalizer yet.

Handling, road feel and smoothness of the power and ride. 6 Speed Manual. 20 way adjustable seats. Sound System. I-Drive yes I Drive. Still figuring out the intricacies but putting the time in pays off. Decent gas mileage so far.

Nav System - make it as intuitive and accurate as my Garmin. Although it could improve once I get use to it.

• SUV