2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Exterior molding is of very low quality
By beemaman on 08/10/13 13:10 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned my car for about three and a half years. I bought my 2007 530xi in the beginning of 2010 and it has been a great car. Handles great. Never stuck in snow. Pretty reliable till about two months ago. First I noticed that it takes about 3-4 seconds for it to start after pressing the 'start' button. In addition, the exterior of this car is built with very cheap quality materials. The BMW logo from the hood fell off (just the emblem, the silver part is still on the hood - the dealership said, that its 'normal' to fall off after 5 or so years) The Windshield molding on the front and the back have started to deteriorate to the point that water have started to seep thru a bit.

Fun to Drive! 2007 530XI (6speed manual)
By 5pack on 06/05/11 18:19 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted a BMW for 20 years. I purchased my first BMW a year ago. It is a CPO. I bought the all inclusive warranty and the tire warranty. The car preformed great this past winter with the snow. I have absolutely no complaints. The handling is unbelievable. I am a person that uses the warranties. I have taken it twice for a service. I have also have had to put 2 tires on it. I highly recommend the tire warranty. One tire was for a pot hole, and the other is a nail. I am very satisfied with my purchase. I was extremely worried before hand, if someone feels the same way I do, then I recommend you go for it. Driving this car is about the joyment of driving, not getting from point A to B.

Purchased Used 2007 BMW 530xi
By Randy on 03/19/10 11:31 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased a 530xi (loaded) coming off a lease and absolutely love the car!!! Overall, I actually like the I-drive system, very intuitive and think that the people who complain about it are probably the same people who do not like computers or tech stuff in general. Love the detailing for both the interior and exterior, handles great, and very comfortable. Very rich looking. Love the interior ambient lighting at night, xenon are always a plus.

First BMW
By MAM on 11/23/09 19:33 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up a low mileage CPO, well equipped plus it has manual trans. Only have had it a week but.... Wow... This might be the perfect car. It does everything well. Not super fast off the line but quick enough and it can go from cruising to autobahn speeds in a flash. Very comfortable and I am 6'6" (comfort seats help). Nav system is weak compared to my Garmin but am still figuring it out. Logic 7 sound system is excellent and I have not played with the equalizer yet.

BMW for life
By Correy on 10/29/09 14:37 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought my 2nd BMW, first 5 series. Was planning on sticking with the 3 series coupe, but after testing a 5 series, was sold. Love it. Love the Service texts that the iDrive provides, love the MP3 capability, love the fact that for just a bit more for a payment and everything is covered for the next 100,000 mi. or 6 years. Living in Mn, the xi was an option I could not do without and was thrilled after making the purchase to find the "REST" button, (keeping the car warm when it's shut off). Immaculately beautiful, inside and out. That being said, two small gripes that everyone else had already said: storage -not so great and gas mileage. But I drive fast and knew what I was getting into.

My first BMW
By S. C. Guy on 12/08/08 17:39 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

There is much to like about this car. Performance, styling, and reliability. It also seems to maintain value. There are some frustrating features on the car - the iDrive takes some getting used to. Something that should be simple, like tuning the radio, switching from CD to radio, even the climate control, has been (in my opinion) over-engineered. Often multiple steps are required to perform a function that could be more easily done with the turn of a knob. The sun roof is very noisy (after the sale, the rep. said all 5-Series have excessive wind noise when closed). I usually just keep the interior cover closed to avoid the noise. Interior cabin storage is non-existent, but the trunk is large.

Awesome Car
By Jean on 08/06/08 13:24 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car last year, so far it has only been back to the dealer for the free maintenance. I live in snowy Canada so a car that handles well in snowy weather is important, this car was absolutely exceptional last year. Performance, balance and handling are superb. The xi add on is well worth it. Last winter was a very heavy snowfall winter and I drove the car without snows, it drove like it was on rails, some of the roads were unplowed, slippery, and the car handled it without a problem, it gives you a great feeling of safety and it has not let me down yet.

Still Thrills
By pjl275 on 07/27/08 19:11 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When you drive this BMW, you know that a great deal of effort went into every facet of the automobile. The way each sound the reaches your ears and the car reacts to bumps and especially the way it drives down the road. I've had this car for about 18 months and 16,000 miles. Each mile is a pleasure, and every drive is too short. X-drive is great in snow and rain, i-drive is still revealing new functions but works well for me, but the standard radio is just ok. Standard seats are comfortable for hours on end. Highway driving is smooth and quiet, very easy to cruise at high speeds. I've leased this car and really do not want to ever give it back. Just do it, you only live once.

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By dinan530i on 07/01/08 01:40 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Definitely the best vehicle I have ever owned. I used to drive Hondas and Toyotas but owning a 5 series really opened my eyes to the reasons that make so many people want to keep buying these even with a hefty price tag.

Automotive piece of art!!
By jdo4394 on 04/12/07 10:26 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My 2007 530xi is the most beautiful car I have ever owned, the fit and finish is excellent, the interior is clean, roomy and above all it's comfortable. The nav system is great, logic 7 sound system is crisp and clear, auto trans is very smooth. Car is loaded with just about everything. Can no longer see myself ever driving any other car ever again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.