2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
No help from BMW
By brokenwings on 01/21/12 18:41 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

About 18 months ago we bought two Certified Pre-owned 2007 BMW 530i, automatic, from Vista BMW in south Florida. One gray and the other one (mine) in black. The gray one still have an excellent paint but as you see in the pix below my black car paint is fading. I've seen another 5 series black car with the same problem and another 7 series as well. One friend who works for BMW dealer told me that BMW knows about the problem but they don't want to admit it so they don't loose money on a recall. BMW North America and Vista refused to fix the paint on it. I've been looking around for paint shops and got some quotations ranging from $800 to $4000 for fixing it.

Beware! 2007 BMW 530i
By Chas6263 on 06/29/10 20:55 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The 2007 530i is an overrated, bloated car. I owned a 540i for many years and loved it. A genuine 'ultimate driving machine'. I made a terrible mistake to trade it in for a 530i. Don't be fooled by the namesake 'BMW' - the 530i can hardly get out of its way - 255 HP is a joke in this heavy tank. I'm convinced a VW Rabbit can beat this hyped vehicle. Most owners won't admit they own this piece of crap (too embarrassed to admit since most - I included - paid a fortune for an overrated car). Anyone out there want a 2007 530i?

New to BMW
By Leonberger on 03/29/10 17:51 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After much research I made the plunge and bought a low mileage 530i. My observations: Ride: the car has a great tight ride. Either you like it or you don't - I love it. iDrive: reviews of idrive nearly caused me to buy another car. If you expect to get in and drive off and immediately operate idrive, you will likely be frustrated. If you will read the manual while sitting in your driveway for 20 minutes, it is not much different than Windows and a mouse. I'm 57 and computer literate. Climate control was the only part of idrive I did not master (without needing to look) in 24 hours. Fuel economy from FL to GA was an amazing 31 mpg @ 75-80 mph. I love the car.

My first and last BMW
By phmokda on 03/20/10 10:46 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

On the advice of a friend, I ended a twelve year streak of Lexus ownership for a new BMW. The tipping point for me was the unlimited warranty for four years or 50,000 miles. The car rides great but the I control is maddening and the car is way too computerized. It drops my bluetooth settings regularly and the battery has died three times in the last 11 months. The tow truck driver today told the cars he has to jump the most are BMW's! I am convinced it is a computer problem and they really don't know how to fix it. The driver seat, despite what seems like 1,000 different settings, is uncomfortable and has no support between the shoulder blades. This will be my last Bimmer.

It's worth it
By markt on 07/28/09 19:58 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wow - what fun to drive. I wish I had the extra power of the 550 or the 535, but this car has it when you need it. I like to drive it in Drive Sport as it really hugs the road, and gives me the extra boost of speed.

07 530i
By 07 530I on 06/10/09 06:05 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Best car I have ever owned and truly a pleasure to drive. I commute 100 round trip daily and I look forward to driving this car even after 3 years and 55k miles. Corners like a dream, gets up and goes fast enough but keeps you out of trouble. I have every option available except the night vision and active cruise control. You must have the sports package as the looks and performance can't be matched. Bought this car new with only 3 miles on it.

Great balance of luxury and sport
By ronbham on 04/02/09 04:34 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just got a CPO with 28K miles. Drives like a dream. I opted for the sport pkg with no regrets. The only glaring disappointment was the Logic 7 Sound system which leaves a lot to be desired. My Civic SI factory upgrade system was better! For a lux car that retails for 60k new the Logics 7 system should rival Acura but falls far short on fidelity plus a boomy bass. Too bad for such a quiet car.

Love This Car
By Glen D on 11/21/08 00:13 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2007 530i new 2 years ago; I traded my 2004 530i in when I reached 45K miles. I have not been disappointed with either of these cars! The handling, comfort and power are great. I test drove a 2004 525 when I was first looking because the dealer had one with the Sport Package but I chose the larger engine and didn't regret my choice. The 50K no charge warranty is great but honestly, the dealer makes things up so they can fix my car, e.g., change the wiper blades, etc; I have not had any real issues with my cars.

Love This Car
By Love This Car on 10/27/08 19:53 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought this car about two weeks ago and I love it. Just a beautiful car. Drove Hondas and Toyotas before and no comparison. I can see why people stay with BMW. The car just feels well put together. It feels solid on the road. I got the sport package and I like the wheels and seats that come with it. Great handling and acceleration although there is a little lag when you punch it which probably wouldn't be an issue with the V8. Fuel economy, however, is very good for this type of car.

Best I've owned
By Michael Flatow on 08/06/08 08:50 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 5 other BMWs including a 7 series. This is the best one I have had from an all around driving experience. The 6 cylinder has outstanding acceleration, not much different from the 550 I test drove. Gas economy is amazing for this kind of car. Handling is fantastic and overall ride is close to perfect. I convinced my 82 year old dad to buy one and he now feels the same way

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.