Used 2007 BMW 5 Series 525xi Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

525xi Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
I lover my BMW
By nelson Martinez on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first German car and the moment I test drove this car i felt how the handling was so tight. On a open highway I feel free as a bird. Cold weather pkg makes this care a breeze to use on those cold days. Heated seats, steering wheel dual zones meant no fighting between me and my wife who is always cold no matter what type of weather it is in New York. I purchased this car as an early retirement gift but I keep getting in it despite own 2 other vehicles for commuter cars. All I can say over all this BMW is off the hook and a attention getter on the road or parked.

Drive It, You'll Understand
By Hoosier BMW on 07/01/10 20:01 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the BMW one month. Have remainder of factory warranty and service. That is good. Had 03 525i. It was good,but this one is much better. Smoother, quicker, better build quality, higher quality interior. I -Drive is a bit of a pain but you get used to it. Dash is more modern. Cup holders better than 03.Handling is more effortless. Conti tires are fine.Driving on highway is a joy. MPG is 25 mixed.XI good for snow days. Radio is just ok. No satellite in this one.. a bummer. Roomier than in 03. Styling is ok. Monaco Blue/camel is a nice combo. Bought used with 34k..but feels good. All in all love the car, just drive one, you'll want one.

I love this car
By pedro on 05/09/10 19:41 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had more than 10 cars, the last 2 were infinti g35 and lexus IS 350, I am very please with the ride and handling, nice car, no compartment space at the front, but i get lost of compliments about the car. On snow days the car drive as a tank solid performance.

So for so good
By vicanam on 02/19/10 15:11 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my first CPO with low mileage nearly six months ago. The 5-series is perfect size for a family of 4; 2 are in the teens. Added feature is the AWD for Northeast winters. The car performance is excellent: eager; firm; predictable. Braking reliability is phenomenon. The look and feel of the car is wonderful. Now, for the improvement needs: several controls need easier access/feedback to driver: door lock, steering heater, lights, climate controls, ... ashtrays and cup holders are everywhere, but lack of room for sun glass, cellphones. Overall control panel, dashboard: their layouts and lightnings are unimpressive. Radio/CD and sound systems are below average.

525xi Cert Pre-Owned: Good Times
By 07 525xi CPO on 06/18/09 17:01 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my Certified Pre-Owned with 18K miles. Mileage is only mentioned a few times in the reviews, so I thought I would confirm the reports of excellent mileage ... I'm getting 24.5 to 25.5 around the Wash DC beltway, about 70/30 highway/streets. I'm looking forward to a road trip to confirm the high highway reports. The comfort of the seats is also amazing.

2007 BMW 525xi
By Louis Lerebours on 05/27/08 18:26 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is unique and I cannot describe how you feel when you drive it. You must own one and drive it on a regular basis to understand.

Couldn't be happier
By Howard on 07/23/06 12:22 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The car was delivered 3 weeks ago and then I took my wife and son on a trip to Maine, covering 3,000 miles. We spent a lot of time in the car and it was worth every penny we paid for it. It's a dream on the highway and a pleasure in the mountains. The handling was classic BMW and driving was a pleasure. I recommend the navigation system for anyone who travels much away from home. It was very useful and easy to use. I've heard complaints about the iDrive but after a very short time it became very easy to use. I've had two 3 series cars and I enjoyed them. This is a great step up.

2nd beemer
By camco on 07/13/06 21:14 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I got my 1st BMW as a birthday gift 10 years ago. I LOVED it and didn't want to part with it. My husband said that I was long overdue for a new car... test drove a few others... loved the 525xi. My child was 3 weeks old when I was in a head on collision with my old BMW and he slept through it! Now I need a little more room and the same safety features... this car has it. I NEVER thought I would leave an American car but BMW is amazing. With these cars, you only have to get a new one once every 10 years! ENJOY! PS my husband has had two 7 series and two X5. We are converts to BMW!!

My new BMWer...Our dream car
By Mark on 04/16/06 10:27 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Being military overseas in Germany I was able to purchase our New 5 series at well below what the U.S dealers ask. My wife and I saved thousands and were able to get the 525xi with all the "toys" and luxury items we wanted and deserved. This car is awesome! The mileage this weekend touring Germany got us 30.9 MPG.