Used 2007 BMW 5 Series 525i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Time to Say So Long
By hoosierbmw

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is an update to my earlier review. While I love my 525xi and how it drives... it is time to go. I had to replace a headlight BULB..xenon at $200 installed, then a backup bulb.. had to take entire light assembly out...$41 dollars. All my other cars don't ding me for small fixes.. can't afford to keep up payments + repairs.

Favorite Features

How it drives. Comfortable seats. High quality interior

Suggested Improvements

Reliability. I love the car. But I had to go back to Honda. Even a indy mechanic wasn't cheap enough to make economic sense.

An economical BMW?
By Anonymous

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We bought a base '07 525i with 19k miles through the BMW CPO program in May 2008. We liked the looks, practicality, and BMW performance at a reasonable price. The scheduled maintenance program and warranty were icing on the cake. Over the last two and a half years, we have found that the combination of reliability, low maintenance costs, and amazingly good fuel mileage (consistently 20 city, 33 highway MPG) has made this a very economical car. It's a typical German cruiser on the interstate(autobahn) -- fast, smooth, and tracks beautifully. As a result of our experience, we have designated this car our secret "economy car" in luxury car clothes. I will consider BMW CPO again.

Favorite Features

Driving precision and feel. Practicality (four doors). Low operating costs. CPO program features. BMW looks and panache.

Suggested Improvements

A fold down rear seat should be standard equipment. This feature would greatly enhance the cargo flexibility of this car.

Realistic Review
By Autoluver

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought it cpo with 21,000 miles on it about a year ago I have the awesome extended warranty which was one of the final selling points for me. I have had a few small issues and BMW has fixed them on the spot no questions asked. The best thing about this car is driving it if you want a sports car but want four doors and some room this is your car . Handling is exceptional. It is so much fun to drive plus 32 mpg highway. The quality on the interior is good. I am 6,1 and a decent size guy I still have a little room left over. Cup holders awful everyone says it but hey it's really the only thing bad I can say about it. I like the idrive. Radio is not bad. Buy one with the warranty you will luv it!

Favorite Features

idrive, handling, adaptive xenon headlights.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder fixed in 2011.. oh and whoever thought of putting the radio input jack in the backseat area. HELLO! And now its hidden in the arm rest! Really? c'mon! you don't need to hide it is just a little hole.

My first BMW & love it!
By Michele

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just purchased my BMW after reading several reviews on here. iDrive seemed to be the biggest issue for people, I figured it out in about 20 minutes and I like it personally. The car itself is wonderful. I was warned about the motors because they weren't BMW in previous years. In 2007 they put BMW motors to support the power of the car. I feel like I'm driving a sports car and my husband and I look for reasons to drive it all the time. We have had 2 Lexus & this was a fantastic change. It's a much more exciting drive. It's smooth & very roomy for taller people. There is hardly any storage, but was told, you can have storage or a quiet ride. I hardly hear any road noise. I will buy another!!

Favorite Features

Headlights move with steering wheel, idrive, very comfortable seats, quiet ride, very sporty feel, great power! Once you floor it, press a little harder, button under pedal that will send it flying! Gas mileage is great can average around 30+ mpg

Suggested Improvements

Must pay attention when backing out, very limited sight in back window. Cup holders not great, climate control could stand to be improved.

Eh - take it or leave it
By Brad

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very jerky in 1st gear. NO storage, idrive is wacky. At 6' 3" I should have purchased the 7 series. I don't actually know what all the fuss is about. Great brakes though!

Favorite Features

Look, cornering and stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Needs storage, arm slips off door handle when driving. Cabin seems tight.