2007 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Time to Say So Long
By hoosierbmw on 01/29/11 19:10 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is an update to my earlier review. While I love my 525xi and how it drives... it is time to go. I had to replace a headlight BULB..xenon at $200 installed, then a backup bulb.. had to take entire light assembly out...$41 dollars. All my other cars don't ding me for small fixes.. can't afford to keep up payments + repairs.

An economical BMW?
By Anonymous on 12/07/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We bought a base '07 525i with 19k miles through the BMW CPO program in May 2008. We liked the looks, practicality, and BMW performance at a reasonable price. The scheduled maintenance program and warranty were icing on the cake. Over the last two and a half years, we have found that the combination of reliability, low maintenance costs, and amazingly good fuel mileage (consistently 20 city, 33 highway MPG) has made this a very economical car. It's a typical German cruiser on the interstate(autobahn) -- fast, smooth, and tracks beautifully. As a result of our experience, we have designated this car our secret "economy car" in luxury car clothes. I will consider BMW CPO again.

Realistic Review
By Autoluver on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought it cpo with 21,000 miles on it about a year ago I have the awesome extended warranty which was one of the final selling points for me. I have had a few small issues and BMW has fixed them on the spot no questions asked. The best thing about this car is driving it if you want a sports car but want four doors and some room this is your car . Handling is exceptional. It is so much fun to drive plus 32 mpg highway. The quality on the interior is good. I am 6,1 and a decent size guy I still have a little room left over. Cup holders awful everyone says it but hey it's really the only thing bad I can say about it. I like the idrive. Radio is not bad. Buy one with the warranty you will luv it!

My first BMW & love it!
By Michele on 05/28/10 10:28 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just purchased my BMW after reading several reviews on here. iDrive seemed to be the biggest issue for people, I figured it out in about 20 minutes and I like it personally. The car itself is wonderful. I was warned about the motors because they weren't BMW in previous years. In 2007 they put BMW motors to support the power of the car. I feel like I'm driving a sports car and my husband and I look for reasons to drive it all the time. We have had 2 Lexus & this was a fantastic change. It's a much more exciting drive. It's smooth & very roomy for taller people. There is hardly any storage, but was told, you can have storage or a quiet ride. I hardly hear any road noise. I will buy another!!

Eh - take it or leave it
By Brad on 12/08/09 12:21 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very jerky in 1st gear. NO storage, idrive is wacky. At 6' 3" I should have purchased the 7 series. I don't actually know what all the fuss is about. Great brakes though!

Lots of Features - Love this car
By AHGuest on 04/02/09 09:42 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is really a great car. It has so many features - even after having it for a couple of months, I'm still finding new features all the time. I just found that there are 2 compartments in the arm-rest. I've been told the lower compartment is to keep drinks cool. This car drives great, is very comfortable and smooth, and with all it's function, it looks great too. I've driven a 3 series before but with 2 kids and car seats, the 5 series is definitely the right size.

Outstanding!
By dallencat on 05/31/08 12:38 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Outstanding vehicle. Fun to drive and great fuel mileage. Only gripes are the cup holder and ability to see front and back of the car in tight areas. Kudos BMW!

Our first BMW is now totaled
By ttroglio on 05/22/08 17:29 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Sadly our first BMW only went 20K before being involved in a driver's front end collision last week. Damage was so severe the car was totaled. It did its job however as the front, door and side curtain air bags all deployed and kept the wife protected with no major issues. BMW Assist was calling the car within seconds of the accident as well as calling the police. Overall it was a well built car and we had no major problems with it. The brake issue I mentioned in my previous posting never returned. We are now looking at an 08 528i or 535i with the turbo. The 07 held its value fairly well. In the 18 months we owned the car the value dropped 28%

My first BMW
By SC Guy on 01/08/08 17:11 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the first BMW that I've owned. My most recent cars were Jaguar and Infinity. Overall, I am pleased with my choice. The styling and handling are excellent.

Like it after a year, minor issues
By ttroglio on 10/07/07 12:39 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall the car is great. This was our first BMW. Nice looks, nice interior comforts. Very nice leather. My only complaint so far is with the brakes. An annoying squeak develops when the front brakes get the slightest amount of dust on them. I did not expect this from a $50K car. Also, when I have the steering wheel and seat in a position I like, I cannot see the upper portion of the speedometer We are happy with the car. The ride is amazing. At high speeds in the rain it handles very well. Recently got a road force balance on the tires and that made the ride much better We purchased the car in black. I would not own another in black. Hard to keep clean.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.