Truly Fantastic
By Fantastic Five on
2006 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)
This car does so many things right, it's staggering how good it is. It is fast, comfortable, good looking, innovative, and handles better than 99% of all cars. The engine, transmission and suspension are so smooth, you quickly realize that you pay for refinement. Anyone can make a fast car, but no one can make a car that "feels" like this one. The features that this car has are unparalled. It does everything you ask. IDrive is awesome, and the people who bag on it are people who do not understand the logic behind computers. If you're good with a PC, you'll love iDrive. Great, great car.
Favorite Features
Power, Power, Power. Adaptive Xenon lights, Bluetooth works fine with my Treo 650 (synchs to my speed-dial and not my address book - but who cares), Comfort seats are remarkable, and Comfort access is too cool. I love the iDrive interface, and I think BMW should stick with it.
Suggested Improvements
Run-flats are cool, but I've heard that they may provide a harsher ride than regular high performance tires. If so, regular tires would be better since a slightly more compliant ride would be welcome. Yet, the ride is firm, but never harsh.