Now I'm A Believer!
By New Believer on
2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
This is my first BMW and I'm extremely impressed. My next door neighbor sells BMW's and gave me a great deal on my new 06 530i. I've come close to purchasing a BMW on 2 other occasions in the past 5 years but didn't do it. I'd have to say that this is by far the best car I've ever owned in my 55 years of living. I don't agree with the criticism this car has received regarding the iDrive and it's exterior design. Driving this car is pure joy and like nothing I've ever driven before. Power, handling and comfort are fantastic. If you're not sure about this car, a test drive or two will make you a believer.
Favorite Features
Handling, suspension, build quality, comfort. Great fuel economy. iDrive not that hard to learn and lots of fun to use. Voice command system lets you keep your hands on the wheel for safer driving.
Suggested Improvements
BMW should give owners more detailed info on pairing up their cell phone to the Blue Tooth system on their car. Should change software to allow voice commands for other functions to be used without Navigation System. Without Nav Sys you can only use voice commands with phone system.