Nice blend of sporty and practical
By ATLplayax on
2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
I originally bought the 530 when my daughter was born (traded in my 04 Infiniti G35 coupe). I needed a car that was sporty but could also be used as a family vehicle, the 530 did not disappoint. This is my second 530, the first was an 05 which was totaled in an accident, I was so impressed with the way the BMW safety that I bought the 06 530 to replace it. This car is awesome, the BMW free maintenance that comes with the car is also amazing since any issue within the first 50000 miles are covered at no out of pocket cost, including the cost of the loaner car. I have had a lot of issues with break squeaking and brake dust, BMW needs to address this.
Favorite Features
Handsfree bluetooth phone integration through speakers, iPod hookup,way the front of the car looks at night with the lights. Cornering, solid feel, quality of interior materials (besides cup holder).
Suggested Improvements
Navigation system is not as good as on my Infiniti, not intuitive. Cup holder is inferior for such a classy vehicle. Brakes (fix brake noise). Convenience package should be standard. Premium gas - need to reengineer future vehicles to use regular run flat tires are too noisy.