Great Wagon
By mycayenneturbo on
2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
We recently purchased a pre-owned 530xi Sports Wagon with 70k miles on it, oh what can we say, we love it! We just took it for a long trip(800 miles round trip) to visit our family and the road trip was a joy. It is very fun to drive & seats are on the firm side and supportive and it didn't give me lower back pain for driving for such long hours! The interior is very quiet(not as quiet as Lexus cars) and it rides very smoothly. We folded the back seats down and it created a great bed for our dogs and spacious cargo area for our luggage. My husband hated the idea of owning a station wagon but he likes this one, it is beautiful, probably one of the best looking station wagons available today.
Favorite Features
Spacious cargo area, Adaptive xenon head lights, Good pickup at low RPM. Panorama glass roof. xDrive(we had to drive through a snow storm but no problem!), Great gas mileage(averaged 28.3mpg city/hwy combined for our trip!), Rarity of BMW 5 series wagon!(We see many X5s, and Audi Avant wagons but BMW wagons are rare here.) Beautiful exterior design.
Suggested Improvements
Audio system is just mediocre not the best among luxury brands such as Mercedes, Lexus, etc... iDrive is cool but we would like climate controls, audio controls out on the dash for easier access. We also would like an improved navigation system.
By cpb21
on 06/04/12 12:33 PM (PDT)

Hi, Do you still own the car? How many miles did you have on it when you got rid of it? How has the reliability been?

By sannky
on 02/08/13 19:44 PM (PST)

Hello BMW SW lovers, I have 2006 530xi station wagon with 187K on it. I love it and would like to keep it for 5 more years and I do not see a problem at all....today in the snow storm did not slip or stuck once and by the way no winter tires....love it. Lot of room and great handling..