2006 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Fun to Drive

2006 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

Fun to Drive
By Ironbird0 on

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2006 530XI AWD Wagon used in August 2009. I love it, although I have had one issue regarding one of the ignition coils which broke on Christmas Eve morning. Luckily, my Greenwich CT dealer has been top-notch so far and took it in immediately and had me back on the road and home in time for the holiday. I just would like to see the Manufacturer use better coils in this car as I've heard this is a common issue for this car. Otherwise, this car is AWESOME! Acceleration is great once you are up to speed-but I find a little sluggish from 0-60 mph.

Favorite Features

Great styling, front to back sunroof, heated steering wheel is fantastic in winter, as are the heated seats. Great visibility with headlights that bend corners, very good braking, handling and superb cornering. So far so happy.

Suggested Improvements

More reliable ignition coils (replaced twice already on my 2006). Improvement needed on run-flat tire sensor monitor which gives false reads in hot, humid or very cold weather. Would like to see this car come with a 3rd row of seats like the Volvo.