2006 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Doesn't leave much to desire

2006 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

Doesn't leave much to desire
By Vitix2 on

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned the BMW 530XiT for 4 yrs. and I can't think of another car that I would have preferred to own/drive regularly. By now you know that it is a great car. It exemplifies quality, athleticism, utility, and looks (IMHO). No need to rehash those traits. So, I'll move onto what I think could be improved. Power: It does great at highway speed or once you get the RPMs up. But, that performance is unmatched at the low end. Idrive: My system gets stuck at times and I have to re-select functions. No big deal, but I expect better. Panoramic Sliding Roof: Great feature, but wind noise over 30mph is out of control. Worse, BMW does not make a wind deflector that fits the model.

Styling, comfort, handling, long distance & highway prowess, xdrive in rain and snow, athletic handling, fuel consumption, utility, safety, uniqueness (you don't see many out there.

idrive, no standard Ipod interface. Lack of a wind deflector really irks me. I love the the fact that the panoramic roof opens. However, due to the amount of wind it lets in, BMW really should make a wind deflector that fits. Either improve the internal wind baffle, or make an external deflector.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review