Best ever
By v laprade on
2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
This is the third Beamer I have owned and by far it is the best in all areas. The fuel economy is very acceptable for this size car, I just wished it did not need premium gas. The handling is very BMW and the acceleration for the 530 is excellent. I am having some difficulty adjusting the driver seat to a comfortable position. The front of the seat seems to be titlted too far back and presses on the underneath of my knee.I like the size of the trunk but wished the rear seat folded without having to buy it as an option. One thing about BMW is that there is nothing free if they can charge for it. The rear seat could use a little more leg room. I have no trouble with the I drive.
Favorite Features
I enjoy the smooth shifting automatic and it is one of the things that keeps me coming back to this car. My favorit new option is the cruise control adjustment. With just the lifting of the lever you can drop 5 miles per hour/increase the same amount without resetting. Especially helpful in traffic.
Suggested Improvements
Charging extra for BMW assist is upsetting when one has paid so much for the car. The company should do the same as they do for their maintenance and bake the cost in the price of the car. From a PR standpoint it would be better and give them something to shout about. A fold down rear seat needed.