2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Best 5 Series yet
By DanB on 05/04/06 21:39 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had three BMWs including the all time favorite E39 1998 528i. This is a better car in all regards. Big car feel, much more power and great features such as idrive and bluetooth. It makes the E39 look old. My 2006 E60 has been flawless. The ride is perfect. I read the reviews at other sites on other cars and you can tell that the true BMW lovers that couldn't get past the new look are desperately trying to console themselves. They wanted a 5 series BMW, didn't buy one and are going out of their way trying to justify it to themselves. This is the best car on the road. And, I get 23 MPG in city driving.

Best ever
By v laprade on 04/30/06 07:16 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the third Beamer I have owned and by far it is the best in all areas. The fuel economy is very acceptable for this size car, I just wished it did not need premium gas. The handling is very BMW and the acceleration for the 530 is excellent. I am having some difficulty adjusting the driver seat to a comfortable position. The front of the seat seems to be titlted too far back and presses on the underneath of my knee.I like the size of the trunk but wished the rear seat folded without having to buy it as an option. One thing about BMW is that there is nothing free if they can charge for it. The rear seat could use a little more leg room. I have no trouble with the I drive.

A dream of a car
By Stephen on 04/28/06 16:16 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I initially looked at the new 3 series, but the 5 series is in a different class with much more space and elegance. The car feels so refined and performance is exceptional. It remains refined and composed no matter how you drive it. It corners like it is on rails and accelerates strongly. Brakes are powerful and progressive with great feed back. Steering is agile and sensitive with good feed back. Build quality throughout the car is excellent, interior materials have an exceptional look and feel. Interior controls are confined to those used most, others are accessed via the iDrive, which I found extremely easy to use.

05 325 upgragde
By Autobahner4 on 04/26/06 09:53 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this for my wife to replace her 05 325i. Wow, what a great decision. This car is the most fun we've had in yaers. Both of us can't find much excitement in autos from past industry work. This car has awakened the romance of vehicle ownership!

Best Car I ever had
By adiaris on 04/18/06 19:00 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

From day one my bimmer was the king of the road. Runs unbelievable. I actually took it on the highway, FL turnpike, and floor it all the way down as fast as it would go. I felt like I was flying and it ran smoothly. Now that's a car luxury, fast driving, good looking car. And best feature of all the free maintenance. I highly recommend buying or leasing a bimmer

Ultimate Driving/Trouble machine
By lobo on 04/12/06 12:19 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased 06 BMW 530i in 08/2005. When the car works, it is really fun to drive. It does fit you like a glove. The acceleration and brake are two of my favorites. Exterior looks so cool. My complain is that it nees too many trips to the dealership. So far, I got power window motor replaced, high battery drain that require re- programming, trip computer mal- function. The engine stalled couple of times on me at low speed. The dealer can never figure out what is wrong. The execuses I got include low on gas (the computer shows 100 miles range left), bad gas (Shell is bad according to dealer, I am only using Chevron now)

Best car Ever had
By KIKI LAW on 03/24/06 19:38 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

We test drove so many cars of its class and I thought it will will stop when I drove the E500 MB. Guess what not even close. After I drove the 550i. I just couldn't see myself in any other car but a BMW 550i

Can't Beat It!
By BEST CAR EVER on 03/24/06 07:57 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have owned Audi, Jag, and another BMW since about '97, and this in unequivocally the best driving vehicle I have been in. Smooth, solid power, handling is amazing. Snowstorm on 3rd day after buying and tried hard to get it to slip, couldn't do it. Interior is just the right amount of luxury, and the iDrive is easy for anyone who has touched a computer (what was all the fuss?).

great choice
By joshin on 03/23/06 21:39 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After reading many reviews and waiting for all wheel drive in the five series we finally bought it last year. 14000 miles later I love it. The performance is perfect in chicago weather.

Disappointed After 15000 mile check up
By donna on 03/22/06 08:49 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Minor trouble prior to 15,000 mile update with one tire continuing to leak air and prompt message to screen. After dealership updated, car transmission seems different and shifting mode not in time. Just doesn't feel the same! Can't say enough positive about this car prior to 15,000 miles. Get up and go was amazing! I don't like the drivers drink holder location. In the way of front seat passenger. Notice brake dust often on wheels.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.